are budget pseudo-gaming laptops good?

what i mean by “budget pseudo-gaming laptop“ is it looks like a boring, plain, and cheap-ass laptop with a specs of a mid-range gaming laptop (usually an i5 9300H and a GTX 1650)

the examples are the Lenovo L340 or 330s and Asus X571DG/DT(im not sure if the model name is correct so i’ll correct it later)

52 minutes ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

what i mean by “budget pseudo-gaming laptop“ is it looks like a boring, plain, and cheap-ass laptop with a specs of a mid-range gaming laptop (usually an i5 9300H and a GTX 1650)

the examples are the Lenovo L340 or 330s and Asus X571DG/DT(im not sure if the model name is correct so i’ll correct it later)

L340 is literal trash.

Asus one seems good to me.

I really don't think the look matters here, I mean if the specs look good it's great. You may want to worry about the quality of the material, though. I mean I have this trash laptop with trash specs and it's made of plastic and has broken in multiple places over 1-2 years.

the asus x571 is not even marketed as a "gaming laptop" or a "budget gaming laptop" the TUF gaming line fills that spot

G502 Lightspeed Review

PC:

Spoiler

i5-6400

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-DS2

CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2X4 DDR4-2666MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX 1060-O6G

SEAGATE 2TB HDD

FUJISTU F300 240GB SSD

CORSAIR CX750M

Laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5
i5 8300h
GTX 1050 4Gb
12 Gb RAM

128 Gb SSD

1 Tb HDD

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Keyboard:

Logitech G310 Atlas Dawn (Romer G)

Rexus Legionare MX5.1 (Content Browns)

Mice:

Logitech G602

Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Steelseries Rival 105

Logitech M330

Headset:

Logitech G430 
Cooler Master MH 752

1 hour ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

if those two(or three) are what you're looking to buy then I suppose the Asus one is a good one comparatively. There's nothing wrong with good specs but "...boring, plain, and cheap-ass... " build, it is fine as long as you don't abuse it, I'm not sure how@otherworldlynob broken his laptop to pieces, it's quite a rarity unless its thrown or dropped, it's an aspect that is dependant on the user and you should consider it by your own experience because even the toughest laptop can be broken if you throw it to a wall or something.

1 hour ago, Oswin said:

the asus x571 is not even marketed as a "gaming laptop" or a "budget gaming laptop" the TUF gaming line fills that spot

that’s why i said “pseudo-gaming laptop” it doesn’t look like a gaming laptop or it is not marketed/advertised to play games but the specs is capable of doing so.

1 hour ago, iM8Pizza said:

if those two(or three) are what you're looking to buy then I suppose the Asus one is a good one comparatively. There's nothing wrong with good specs but "...boring, plain, and cheap-ass... " build, it is fine as long as you don't abuse it, I'm not sure how@otherworldlynob broken his laptop to pieces, it's quite a rarity unless its thrown or dropped, it's an aspect that is dependant on the user and you should consider it by your own experience because even the toughest laptop can be broken if you throw it to a wall or something.

yeah but im going add more to the options

Tuf series 

g3

Nitro 5 

the two i mentioned above (excluding the 330s)

gf63

all of these are referring to 2019 models (obviously)