Ideas on making this a good PC?

LokiEml

I what to build my PC, but I want others to check and change things for the better to help make then run the best it can, so if anyone what to help give advice, please let me know; thank you.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor

AMD Wraith Max 55.78 CFM CPU Cooler

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Intel 660p Series 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Team T-FORCE Delta Max RGB 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive

MSI Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card

Asus ROG Strix Helios ATX Full Tower Case

EVGA SuperNOVA T2 850 W 80+ Titanium Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Deepcool RF120M (5 in 1) 56.5 CFM 120 mm Fans

ARCTIC MX 4 20 g Thermal Paste

if you get less expensive ram, less expensive motherboard, and a less expensive PSU, you can probably afford a 5700 XT. It would still make a great build as well to step these things down.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

• I'd get a better NVME drive if you're looking for more performance.
  • I wouldn't get an Asus case, motherboard manufacturers don't make good cases.
  • You don't need a PSU of that wattage, or really, efficiency. 650w is more than enough.
  • You don't need thermal compound.
  • Buy a proper cooler.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

ok what NVME would you recommend?

ok ill look into changing the PSU 

what cooler do you think i should replace this with?

and i was just thinking about changing cases lol 

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

if you get less expensive ram, less expensive motherboard, and a less expensive PSU, you can probably afford a 5700 XT. It would still make a great build as well to step these things down.

yeah im changing the PSU and i want that ram lol ik it more money but worth it i dont mind using this motherboard if this is a good one 

23 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

what radeon rx 5700 xt card do i want?

In another thread, someone pointed out that the 3700X and 3700 will overclock to the same performance. So you can save a little by getting a 3700 and put that towards other items on your list.

~edit: bad info. That applies to the normal 3600 and 3600X.

Edited by Canoe
bad info

24 minutes ago, dizmo said:
  • I'd get a better NVME drive if you're looking for more performance.
  • I wouldn't get an Asus case, motherboard manufacturers don't make good cases.
  • You don't need a PSU of that wattage, or really, efficiency. 650w is more than enough.
  • You don't need thermal compound.
  • Buy a proper cooler.

sorry did realize i didn't reply to yours :(

Just now, Canoe said:

In another thread, someone pointed out that the 3700X and 3700 will overclock to the same performance. So you can save a little by getting a 3700 and put that towards other items on your list.

thank you but should i do that or change it to radeon rx 5700 xt?

2 minutes ago, LokiEml said:

what radeon rx 5700 xt card do i want?

The low end cards like the gigabyte OC and sapphire pulse are pretty great coolers.

2 minutes ago, Canoe said:

I think you mean the 3700X and 3800X?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

As a pure drive for the system the 660p is fine, but what about 1tb nvme and a conventional 2+tb harddisk instead of the 1tb ssd (RGB? For what?) and the 660p?

1 minute ago, LokiEml said:

thank you but should i do that or change it to radeon rx 5700 xt?

I've no idea on which graphic card.

Just now, Fasauceome said:

I think you mean the 3700X and 3800X?

Woops! My bad!

That's the 3600 and the 3600X.  Would be: save a little going with the normal 3600 instead of the 3600X.

Just now, Sir0Tek said:

As a pure drive for the system the 660p is fine, but what about 1tb nvme and a conventional 2+tb harddisk instead of the 1tb ssd and the 660p?

ill check it out thank you

46 minutes ago, LokiEml said:

The Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB STRIX Gaming OC Video Card is only 10 more then the ones you suggested what do you think of that one?

Yeah, the strix cooler is good. There was an initial problem with power limits though so factor in the possibility of having to send it in for RMA for them to fix that for you

There's also the red devil to consider on the affordable end.

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Yeah, the strix cooler is good. There was an initial problem with power limits though so factor in the possibility of having to send it in for RMA for them to fix that for you

There's also the red devil to consider on the affordable end.

ok ill go with the first one you suggested also for a Thermaltake View 71 TG how many 140mm fans would i need? or what size for the back and what size for the front?

39 minutes ago, LokiEml said:

ok ill go with the first one you suggested also for a Thermaltake View 71 TG how many 140mm fans would i need? or what size for the back and what size for the front?

I'm not too familiar with that case unfortunately, but for amount its usually good to have 3 intakes and one exhaust

Primary PC:

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I'm not too familiar with that case unfortunately, but for amount its usually good to have 3 intakes and one exhaust

i found it but which should i do? it comes with 2 140mm fans

120mm        140mm

Front               3                2

Top                 3                 3

Rear               1                 1

Bottom            2

1 hour ago, LokiEml said:

i found it but which should i do? it comes with 2 140mm fans

120mm        140mm

Front               3                2

Top                 3                 3

Rear               1                 1

Bottom            2

2 140mm front and 1 rear is a great starting point

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

2 140mm front and 1 read is a great starting point

a read?

1 hour ago, LokiEml said:

a read?

rear

Primary PC:

3 hours ago, LokiEml said:

If you still want an Intel drive look at the 720 series, of a Seagate Firecuda 510 or 520 series. Samsung are also good. 

PSU you could get any you fancy (modular is good) gold plus rated as a minimum. use a PSU calculator online to work out what wattage you need (leaving room for future upgrades) Silverstone are good PSU, also Seasonic, Corsair and EVGA. so many to choose from. 

look at Noctua coolers (i use a NH-D9L) works perfect, not sure it fits AM4 check first.

for cases, if you only have plans for one GPU why not go M-ATX ? smaller, nicer looking and still enough room to make a nice build. Corsair make a beautiful split type case. 

Corsair Crystal Series 280X RGB CC-9011135-WW Black Steel / Plastic / Tempered Glass Micro-ATX Case Computer Case

Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 CC-9011070-WW Black Steel Micro ATX / Mini-ITX Air 240 High Airflow MicroATX and Mini-ITX PC Case

IN WIN 301C Black Black SECC / Tempered Glass Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case

only thing with m-atx there is only one m/board i can find with X570 chipset. all the others are B450. (B450 still good) X570 obviously better but cost more. 

there is m-itx m/boards in X570

just some ideas, there is also so many nice full ATX cases. 

10 minutes ago, LokiEml said:

sorry did realize i didn't reply to yours :(

HP EX 920/950, Crucial P1, Sabrent Rocket, SX8200 Pro...lots of choices, but depends a lot on what they cost where you are.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

19 hours ago, Frayia said:

If you still want an Intel drive look at the 720 series, of a Seagate Firecuda 510 or 520 series. Samsung are also good. 

PSU you could get any you fancy (modular is good) gold plus rated as a minimum. use a PSU calculator online to work out what wattage you need (leaving room for future upgrades) Silverstone are good PSU, also Seasonic, Corsair and EVGA. so many to choose from. 

look at Noctua coolers (i use a NH-D9L) works perfect, not sure it fits AM4 check first.

for cases, if you only have plans for one GPU why not go M-ATX ? smaller, nicer looking and still enough room to make a nice build. Corsair make a beautiful split type case. 

Corsair Crystal Series 280X RGB CC-9011135-WW Black Steel / Plastic / Tempered Glass Micro-ATX Case Computer Case

Corsair Carbide Series Air 240 CC-9011070-WW Black Steel Micro ATX / Mini-ITX Air 240 High Airflow MicroATX and Mini-ITX PC Case

IN WIN 301C Black Black SECC / Tempered Glass Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case

only thing with m-atx there is only one m/board i can find with X570 chipset. all the others are B450. (B450 still good) X570 obviously better but cost more. 

there is m-itx m/boards in X570

just some ideas, there is also so many nice full ATX cases. 

this is what im at now with changing things

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor    $309.00                

Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard         $123.99                                

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory         $122.99                

Western Digital Green 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive               $94.99  

Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive     $168.99                                          

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card           $394.99                                

Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case            $149.99                                

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply        $159.99                                           

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit   $139.99                

Thermaltake TT Sync SATA Powered 9 Port Addressable LED Controller TT Premium Edition (Compatible with ASUS Aura Sync, GIGABYTE RGB Fusion and MSI Mystic Light Sync) CL-O015-PL00BL-A  $24.64  

2 hours ago, LokiEml said:

this is what im at now with changing things

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor    $309.00                

Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard         $123.99                                

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory         $122.99                

Western Digital Green 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive               $94.99  

Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive     $168.99                                          

Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card           $394.99                                

Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB ATX Full Tower Case            $149.99                                

EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply        $159.99                                           

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit   $139.99                

Thermaltake TT Sync SATA Powered 9 Port Addressable LED Controller TT Premium Edition (Compatible with ASUS Aura Sync, GIGABYTE RGB Fusion and MSI Mystic Light Sync) CL-O015-PL00BL-A  $24.64  

if the PSU check says Recommended Wattage: 594.51 W and more how high should i go?