Corsair hxi vs rmx?

charbel1011

Specs, use case, budget etc...?

With this little info all one can really say is HXi is more expensive and "better" but not much else.

29 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Specs, use case, budget etc...?

With this little info all one can really say is HXi is more expensive and "better" but not much else.

I9 9900k,64gb memory,2 ssds might upgrade to 3 ssds,i have 1 aio, evga ftw3 ultra 2080 ti. leds.and 5 fans from corsair hd and ll. I was running a 850x but for some reason i think its causing some problems or failing. Money aint a problem. I can spend 500$ on a psu if i have to. Recommendation?

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I9 9900k,64gb memory,2 ssds might upgrade to 3 ssds,i have 1 aio, evga ftw3 ultra 2080 ti. leds.and 5 fans from corsair hd and ll. I was running a 850x but for some reason i think its causing some problems or failing. Money aint a problem. I can spend 500$ on a psu if i have to. Recommendation?

Well it's not for lack of power, so you could use another 850x if you just think this one is going bad. Perhaps RMA it. I could understand not wanting the down time though.

If money is no object and you want an HX, then the HX850i is nice. I tend to like Corsair's i series PSUs because I find the data on power usage interesting.

13 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

Well it's not for lack of power, so you could use another 850x if you just think this one is going bad. Perhaps RMA it. I could understand not wanting the down time though.

If money is no object and you want an HX, then the HX850i is nice. I tend to like Corsair's i series PSUs because I find the data on power usage interesting.

So the hxi 1200 is a good top top tier psu like the rmx?

Just now, charbel1011 said:

So the hxi 1200 is a good top top tier psu like the rmx?

HXi PSUs are a higher tier in the Corsair product stack.

11 minutes ago, Cavalry Canuck said:

Hijacking this a bit for the sake of my own curiosity. What actually makes the Hxis better?

to explain it simply, the hxi has a couple things in advantage

• similar cwt platform, but upgraded
  • higher efficiency
  • current monitoring via icue

if you want the exact technical details, @jonnyGURU will be your man

22 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

to explain it simply, the hxi has a couple things in advantage

• similar cwt platform, but upgraded
  • higher efficiency
  • current monitoring via icue

if you want the exact technical details, @jonnyGURU will be your man

Nah..

Efficiency shouldn't be any higher between HX and HXi.  The two platforms are EXACTLY THE SAME except for the Link/iCUE compatability.

Of course, the HX has the "Type 4" cables which adds the sense wires and capacitors; but that's neither here nor there.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

I'm talking about hxi vs rmx here, not hx...

Oh.. Well, the newer RMx ("2018 edition") actually isn't the same platform as HX/HXi.  The old RMx was.

6 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Oh.. Well, the newer RMx ("2018 edition") actually isn't the same platform as HX/HXi.  The old RMx was.

gps base and shorter, it was just easier to give a laymans compare here

and between hx and hxi is just subjective what you want at that point, slightly better performance due to better voltage or the icue functionality

1 hour ago, charbel1011 said:

I was running a 850x but for some reason i think its causing some problems or failing.

Are you still trying to replace the power supply because of the memory errors you got?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1139783-what-are-the-signs-of-bad-psu/

Or is this a different issue that is actually related to the PSU? In which case you should RMA your current RMx. Unless the downtime is a concern like Den-fi mentioned there's no reason to buy a new PSU when you still have warranty covering your current one.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

Are you still trying to replace the power supply because of the memory errors you got?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1139783-what-are-the-signs-of-bad-psu/

Or is this a different issue that is actually related to the PSU? In which case you should RMA your current RMx. Unless the downtime is a concern like Den-fi mentioned there's no reason to buy a new PSU when you still have warranty covering your current one.

I went with the hx1200i was on sale on amazon for 269$. I hope this psu treats me good.