$0 (No, seriously) Build - (help me Linus if you can)

Hi.

I'm not actually old enough to make money so I'm wondering if anybody can find me a build for $0 or something, I can't do anything and my parents won't help me because they don't like gaming. (I can't use cash I make in real life, either, I would have to somehow get that online which I couldn't without my parents but they wouldn't let me anyway)
My specs rn are trash

In fact, it's so trash, I'll be able to win the "worst computer" category for Rig Reboot this year

1 minute ago, Sushimus said:

If you ask a local computer shop for parts they plan to throe out you might get something, the hardest part to get free will be a hard drive though. When I worked at a shop we threw out alot of ddr2 era parts to be recycled so its worth a shot

That'd be great, except idk if my parents would take me to a computer store

What is your pc specs at this time? Sometimes trash just needs a bit of polish, unless it’s a laptop, you can’t polish a laptop.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

30 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

What is your pc specs at this time? Sometimes trash just needs a bit of polish, unless it’s a laptop, you can’t polish a laptop.

Well,.. you can,.. just a different thing entirely from desktops and they have flaws to overcome over time,..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 hours ago, Sushimus said:

See if you can get a friend to take you if any of them have cars, otherwise try phoning up nearby computer stores and asking beforehand. That would make it easier to ask your parents to take you if you already have the parts garenteed before you leave.

To be clear youll want to go to stores that are smaller businesses, places like best buy wont help you with this

See I'm not old enough to have a job as I said earlier so I can't actually get a car nor can any of my friends. However, yeah, I think phoning and then asking will be great.

Examples of small businesses?
I'm thinking Micro Center first of all, although I suppose you literally mean "small stores" in my area so yeah that was a stupid question

Okay. I have asked MicroCenter, they said that "any parts we would throw out are broken". Anyone have any better ideas?

1 hour ago, otherworldlynob said:

Okay. I have asked MicroCenter, they said that "any parts we would throw out are broken". Anyone have any better ideas?

Microcenter is not a small business, any store that would be able to help you is so small that nobody on here can help you find them without being from the same city

Try googling things like "pc repair store ______ city" or computer recycling center, etc.   Some organizations also have programs where you volunteer with them, and after a certain amount of time get to build a pc from the components that come through.

And on another note, how old are you?  I was making and selling lemonade when I was 9-10 years old, you can make quite a bit when the cost is $4 and each glass costs $0.50-1.00.  $60ish a day IIRC

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

27 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Microcenter is not a small business, any store that would be able to help you is so small that nobody on here can help you find them without being from the same city

Try googling things like "pc repair store ______ city" or computer recycling center, etc.   Some organizations also have programs where you volunteer with them, and after a certain amount of time get to build a pc from the components that come through.

And on another note, how old are you?  I was making and selling lemonade when I was 9-10 years old, you can make quite a bit when the cost is $4 and each glass costs $0.50-1.00.  $60ish a day IIRC

Well, lemonade wouldn't really work. I mean nobody around here would buy it and it's snowing right now so not the right time. Anyway I'll try the smaller stores, thank you for suggesting.

1 hour ago, otherworldlynob said:

There aren't really any stores like that in the area.

If you live in a city with a microcenter, you probably live in a city with small, slightly sketchy computer stores.  Keep digging, ask around - maybe use a city relevant subreddit or that sort of thing.

Also, if people don't want lemonade hot chocolate is an even better seller lol.  Find an outdoor hub and set up shop with some piping hot cocoa and it's going to sell as well as anything.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious