Is this good for a I7 7700 @ 3.6 Ghz

NoRyc
Go to solution Solved by BarackOBatman,
12 minutes ago, NoRyc said:

There is a GTX 1660 For 295USD,Ti for 384USD, 1660 SUPER is pretty much the same price as the 1660,RX5500XT for 297USD,RX5600XT for 429USD. The prices are really high couse the newer components cost more in my country

For that price, the RX580 is probably the most bang for the buck, but its really on its way out and wont be able to keep up with newer and newer games. Considering how you have been scraping by with a GT450, something tells me that you could make due with the RX580.

If the 1660 super cost around the same as the 1660 (about $295 US) Then this would be my pick personally since Its considerably newer and more powerful and its going to be relevant for much longer than RX580. 

Unfortunately, the 5600XT is really expensive where you live. 

I currently have a I7 7700 @ 3.6ghz , a really good processor but i have a GTX 1050 Ti which is being bottlenecked over 66% (from the calculations at https://pc-builds.com/calculator/ ) It seems that this Graphics card is waaay to slow for my processor.So i was wondering is a PCI-E POWERCOLOR Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon, 8GB GDDR5 good GPU for my processor.The GPU costs a few more dollars than my graphics cards price (in my country) and it seems like a good deal.

Is this card worth buying,im not looking for Gaming on Ultra graphics ,but to enjoy playing video games at any Settings.

Games like : Squad,GTA V,Apex Legends,Arma 3(not expecting this one) and so on.

Graphics Card.PNG

Bottlenecking calculators suck ass and 4 core cpu's these days isn't great or even good.

6 minutes ago, NoRyc said:

I currently have a I7 7700 @ 3.6ghz , a really good processor but i have a GTX 1050 Ti which is being bottlenecked over 66% (from the calculations at https://pc-builds.com/calculator/ ) It seems that this Graphics card is waaay to slow for my processor.So i was wondering is a PCI-E POWERCOLOR Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon, 8GB GDDR5 good GPU for my processor.

You can pretty much buy as much graphics card afford with that processor except for like.. the 2080 super and up. Generally speaking, you could get a lot better graphics card than an RX 580 and not have a bottleneck for most games.

What really matters is whether or not you are getting the performance you want out of your system. No need to ditch the 1050 ti if you are happy with your frametime performance.

How much for the RX 580?

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Spend a bit more for a 5600 XT or 5700/2060 Super. The price is worth the large performance jump

Really? To pair with 4 core cpu?

Your GPU should always technically "bottleneck" your CPU. If you are happy with your current performance then you have nothing to worry about. If you want a faster GPU then take a look at the RX 5600 XT. Otherwise that RX 580 that you have there is not too bad, especially if you can get it for a good price.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Just now, noxdeouroboros said:

It might be a 4-core CPU but those are relatively strong cores. It is getting a bit old by today's standards but an i7 7700 will still do just fine in most games.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

You can pretty much buy as much graphics card afford with that processor except for like.. the 2080 super and up. Generally speaking, you could get a lot better graphics card than an RX 580 and not have a bottleneck for most games.

What really matters is whether or not you are getting the performance you want out of your system. No need to ditch the 1050 ti if you are happy with your frametime performance.

How much for the RX 580?

239 USD. The GTX 1050 Ti has been used for over a year now and its a good card no doubt but i there are a lot of games that i want to run better but i cant.

5 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Bottlenecking calculators suck ass and 4 core cpu's these days isn't great or even good.

I thought of that aswell.

As stated above, get something better. The RX 580 is okay, but it's already on the way out in terms of 1080p.

A reasonable solution is a 5600xt or a 2060.

A 1650 super might be better if you are looking lower end PSU requirements

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

3 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

If we were talking a 4/4 chip, the discussion would he a bit different. 

A 7700 non k is still relevant and a 5600xt I more than a reasonable match.

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

As stated above, get something better. The RX 580 is okay, but it's already on the way out in terms of 1080p.

Ill keep that in mind,thank you.

1 minute ago, noxdeouroboros said:

Back when the 7700k + 1080 ti was king, just a few years ago. Nobody would have ever said this was a bottleneck and 1080 ti is nearly on par with RTX 2080, so yeah.

7700 easily outperforms the likes of first gen ryzen 5 1600 (6 cores) for example in basically any game. (assuming the PC is gaming focused)

New games totally take advantage of hypertheading as well.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

12 minutes ago, noxdeouroboros said:

It's a 4c/8t CPU that performs slightly worse than a 6c 8600k/9600k which is perfectly fine with those cards. 

MSI Prestige 15

i5 10210u - 8GB DDR4 2666MHz - GTX 1650 Max-Q - 500GB SSD

Hinges still intact!

7 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

Back when the 7700k + 1080 ti was king, just a few years ago. Nobody would have ever said this was a bottleneck and 1080 ti is nearly on par with RTX 2080, so yeah.

7700 easily outperforms the likes of first gen ryzen 5 1600 (6 cores) for example in basically any game. (assuming the PC is gaming focused)

New games totally take advantage of hypertheading as well.

This

11 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

Would the PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce RTX 2060 Ghost, 6GB GDDR6 work well with my i7 7700 and 16gb ram? (it costs 450 USD in my country.)

1 minute ago, NoRyc said:

Would the PCI-E GAINWARD GeForce RTX 2060 Ghost, 6GB GDDR6 work well with my i7 7700 and 16gb ram? (it costs 450 USD in my country.)

I would say a 2060 would pair well but idk how much market value I in your country to say if it's worth it, or if that particular AIB is any good (we don't have gainward here anymore)

In USA, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a 2060 since the 5600xt can match it for less and the 5700 beats it for only slightly more.

But you also get RTX and NVENC so if you like those, it's worth it over the AMD offering.

Just now, Mister Woof said:

I would say a 2060 would pair well but idk how much market value I in your country to say if it's worth it, or if that particular AIB is any good (we don't have gainward here anymore)

In USA, I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a 2060 since the 5600xt can match it for less and the 5700 beats it for only slightly more.

But you also get RTX and NVENC so if you like those, it's worth it over the AMD offering.

I live in Croatia and components here are quite expencive and i have never ordered something of that price online couse i really dont thrust any site whatsoever since i never ordered something from lets say amazon ,ebay and such.

3 minutes ago, NoRyc said:

I live in Croatia and components here are quite expencive and i have never ordered something of that price online couse i really dont thrust any site whatsoever since i never ordered something from lets say amazon ,ebay and such.

One last question is this an OEM system and what is your power supply?

You might have to consider those variables in terms of choosing upgrade

8 minutes ago, Mister Woof said:

One last question is this an OEM system and what is your power supply?

You might have to consider those variables in terms of choosing upgrade

I have a Windows(R),Core Edition,Windows(R) Operating System,VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel , and i currently dont remember which power supply i have i will try and take a look.(I didnt buy my windows , it costs over 150 USD in my country for a windows.)

16 minutes ago, NoRyc said:

I have a Windows(R),Core Edition,Windows(R) Operating System,VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel , and i currently dont remember which power supply i have i will try and take a look.(I didnt buy my windows , it costs over 150 USD in my country for a windows.)

Did you buy the computer pre-built (like is it an HP or Dell or something) or did you assemble it yourself

48 minutes ago, NoRyc said:

239 USD. The GTX 1050 Ti has been used for over a year now and its a good card no doubt but i there are a lot of games that i want to run better but i cant.

This price sounds steep to me, but i dont know what the market is like in your country.

Are there any of the following avaliable for the same amount of money? GTX 1660, GTX 1660 ti, GTX 1660 SUPER, RX5500XT, RX5600XT

Any of those would be a better buy.

1 minute ago, Mister Woof said:

Did you buy the computer pre-built (like is it an HP or Dell or something) or did you assemble it yourself

I bought the computer fully built for around 450USD but it had a GT 450 and a Intel Pentium G480 with 4gb of ram and a motherboard that i forgot the name of,i upgraded my pc in a spand of 3 years buying a i3 7100 but staying with the GT 450 and 4gb ram(with a new motherboard) and then we jumped to an i7 7700 and a GTX 1050 Ti and i spend a total of 1.450USD in 3 years total.

4 minutes ago, NoRyc said:

I bought the computer fully built for around 450USD but it had a GT 450 and a Intel Pentium G480 with 4gb of ram and a motherboard that i forgot the name of,i upgraded my pc in a spand of 3 years buying a i3 7100 but staying with the GT 450 and 4gb ram(with a new motherboard) and then we jumped to an i7 7700 and a GTX 1050 Ti and i spend a total of 1.450USD in 3 years total.

that is INSANE how expensive all of that was.

No offense, I wouldn't pay $20 for a prebuilt with those parts where I live!

2 minutes ago, BarackOBatman said:

This price sounds steep to me, but i dont know what the market is like in your country.

Are there any of the following avaliable for the same amount of money? GTX 1660, GTX 1660 ti, GTX 1660 SUPER, RX5500XT, RX5600XT

Any of those would be a better buy.

There is a GTX 1660 For 295USD,Ti for 384USD, 1660 SUPER is pretty much the same price as the 1660,RX5500XT for 297USD,RX5600XT for 429USD. The prices are really high couse the newer components cost more in my country