Repeated stability problems.

iovey
Go to solution Solved by RageTester,

memtest86 just to make sure it's not hardware RAM issue

For the past month or so I've been having repeated stability issues in BSODs. Currently it's not booting, with stopcode 0xc000021a. It's had a bunch of different BSOD codes, mostly relating to drivers, memory, and storage, though I don't remember them all. My GPU was changed about a month before this started, and I replaced my boot drive a few days after it started. Everything else is about a year old, bar my power supply, which is about 7 years old, and my other drives which are a litany of ages. I've reinstalled windows 4-5 times, which seems to make it work 90% normally for about a week before it starts creeping back to instability. I've reseated all of my drives, memory, and GPU. I know this is vague, I'll start logging BSOD codes in here to give a better idea of what errors it's throwing, but if anybody knows anything I could try or some troubleshooting things to try that'd be great.

System Information:

i5 8600K ~1yr old

Corsair 8x2 2800mhz ~1yr

ASRock Z370 Extreme 4 ~1yr

GTX 2060 Super ~2mo

Samsung 860 Evo 500gb ~1mo

Corsair CX600M ~2013

Removed GPU and while it did boot on integrated graphics, it still crashed. BSOD- Page Fault in Non-Paged area.

Underclock ram to 2400, booted but crashed. BSOD Memory_Management

Could be some unsigned or even broken driver, you can use advanced boot and disable driver signature enforcement...

Or system files like csrss.exe or winlogon.exe, could be damaged, then run 

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\Windows

So computer works ok after fresh install... It's nice to have system restore in point of time when it works...Problem hides in what you do in the 1st week after fresh install. Rollback some update or drivers...

11 hours ago, RageTester said:

memtest86 just to make sure it's not hardware RAM issue

I removed one stick of RAM and it seems to have cleared up, was able to play Dark Souls for about 3 hours last night. Thanks for your help!