Rubber banding

LewisField
Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

Unfortunately packet loss is part-in-parcel of wireless network (or any networking for that matter but most prevalent in wireless). Your options are to:

1. Try repositioning the range extender (a 1ft relocation can make a word of a difference)
  2. Try using a different Wireless Channel. (Most common on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi are 1,6,11)
  3. Try 5.0GHz if that's not what it is already using. (Try different channels here as well)

Beyond this there's not much else. Wireless isn't great for gaming. Powerline has its own issues that make it a hit-or-miss solution.

Someone else can follow up if I've missed anything else.

So I bought a range extender off of amazon, and it has a ethernet port so I thought it would be a good idea to utilize this, its been perfect in every game, besides cs, its rubber banding, now its not all the time but it is noticeable and quite annoying, is there any fix for this or will I just have to run wireless and connect to my router anytime I want to play cs.

Many Thanks - BigDaddy0078

Unfortunately packet loss is part-in-parcel of wireless network (or any networking for that matter but most prevalent in wireless). Your options are to:

1. Try repositioning the range extender (a 1ft relocation can make a word of a difference)
  2. Try using a different Wireless Channel. (Most common on 2.4GHz Wi-Fi are 1,6,11)
  3. Try 5.0GHz if that's not what it is already using. (Try different channels here as well)

Beyond this there's not much else. Wireless isn't great for gaming. Powerline has its own issues that make it a hit-or-miss solution.

6 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Is there a way to change the connection from 2.4 to 5? 

1 hour ago, BigDaddy0078 said:

Is there a way to change the connection from 2.4 to 5? 

What exact model is the range extender? I'll look it up. I've not used these myself but it's my assumption you have to authenticate it with your Router so I expect it to tell you available Wi-Fi sources.

55 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

What exact model is the range extender? I'll look it up. I've not used these myself but it's my assumption you have to authenticate it with your Router so I expect it to tell you available Wi-Fi sources.

Sorry for the late reply

It's a TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300 

25 minutes ago, BigDaddy0078 said:

Sorry for the late reply

It's a TP-Link TL-WA850RE N300 

According to what I could find the device does not support 5GHz Wireless. It supports 802.11b/g/n the n standard does operate on both the 2.4GHz & 5GHz bands but based on what I see this will not do it at 5GHz.

Most repeaters/'range-extenders' rebroadcast on the same channel, causing their own interference.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C