MacBook Pro 16"

OskarKE

Is anyone here already using the MacBook Pro 16"?
What are you thinking of it? How is the new keyboard?

I am thinking of upgrading from my 13" 2017 one, because i'd like to get a bigger display and a larger SSD capacity. Also please do not hate on my, i just prefer Macs for mobile.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:11 PM, OskarKE said:

I am thinking of upgrading from my 13" 2017 one, because i'd like to get a bigger display and a larger SSD capacity. Also please do not hate on my, i just prefer Macs for mobile.

Can you go to a store and try it? Personally I’m on an air and I like the keyboard though I’m thinking about upgrading to a 16” pro later in the year because my fiancée needs a new laptop and a bigger screen would be better for her. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

On 1/23/2020 at 5:11 PM, OskarKE said:

I would check the reviews myself, but from my limited experience (I don't own one, but I've used it a few times) you'd really enjoy it.

The keyboard is much better, of course.  It's hard to say if it's an advancement over the pre-butterfly designs without having both side by side, but it has a good feel while cutting out the wobble you'd occasionally get with those pre-butterfly models.

After that... well, you can't really go wrong if you prefer Macs.  The screen is much larger; the speakers are much more robust; the battery life is strong; and of course, it'll be considerably faster than your current system.  Just remember to configure it with the storage and RAM you think you'll need over its lifetime, since you can't upgrade either after the fact.  You might not need more than the base system, but I'd be sorely tempted to at least jump to 32GB of RAM.