Best bang for buck custom loop brands?

Hey all,

Out of curiosity, I priced out a custom loop using only EKWB (only brand I'm currently familiar with) and was astonished to see it come up to almost $1000! Now, that's with a pump/reservoir combo, 2 rads, CPU and GPU blocks along with all the necessary fittings and fans. Is this reasonable? Are there cheaper/better options out there?

Thanks

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

4 minutes ago, IrshaadH said:

Hey all,

Out of curiosity, I priced out a custom loop using only EKWB (only brand I'm currently familiar with) and was astonished to see it come up to almost $1000! Now, that's with a pump/reservoir combo, 2 rads, CPU and GPU blocks along with all the necessary fittings and fans. Is this reasonable? Are there cheaper/better options out there?

Thanks

You may be able to get it cheaper if you mix brands and buy on other sites than EKWB and if you check different water cooling brands, you will discover that they all take almost the same price for the most important components, such as blocks rads etc.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

28 minutes ago, IrshaadH said:

Hey all,

Thanks

Bykski/Barrow would be "as cheap as I would personally be comfortable recommending" 

Do people still use https://www.frozencpu.com/. I used to use them back when I had to purchase rad/fittings. I reuse most of my stuff since rads never really need to be replaced unless it breaks lol. and tubes I can buy anywhere. 

Sounds like your getting the fancy stuff. 
Plenty of cheaper options. Gotta check the market. Performancepc is a good site. 
The new “Corsair” line up seems like a good choice. I prefer my stuff matches logo or atleast color wise. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

4 hours ago, IrshaadH said:

Hey all,

Thanks

That's about right I just did one for about 1100 in total for cooling. Thing is custom cards that require custom blocks are expensive, and when you are already dropping money in cooling and getting really cheap stuff is pointless. You will have cleaning issues forever. So do it right, take the hit to the pocket book once if you think your rig is with cooling.

11 minutes ago, Dumathoinn said:

That's about right I just did one for about 1100 in total for cooling. Thing is custom cards that require custom blocks are expensive, and when you are already dropping money in cooling and getting really cheap stuff is pointless. You will have cleaning issues forever. So do it right, take the hit to the pocket book once if you think your rig is with cooling.

Appreciate your insight man. I figure, if I do it, I might build it up gradually. Start with the CPU and one rad and work my way up as I upgrade different components.

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers

I used a ton of Bykski fittings in my loop, many different types and each one has been great so far, nothing leaks and everything holds tight with good tolerances, been up and running for about 8 months

Bykski and barrow are great budget brands and live up to ek standards.A friend of mine has a Bykski vega 64 nitro block,It runs cooler then a blower card with a ek block.That alone impressed me since that nitro runs faster and hotter then a blower card does.