Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PositiveRaisin2

Mechanical Keyboard Recommendation

That's probably one of the better options under $100, the Logitech G610 is probably better, it has white back-lit keys but Logitech stopped making it last year so it is a rare find. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/#s=3&sort=price&page=1

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  Noctua NF or Corsair ML?  Google Stadia Early Consensus

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

Blueberry Pi  R7 3800X Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200MHz  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA 850W P2  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Gaming PC  i7-8700k OC@5.1GHz (Delid)  Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX  Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB  EVGA 750W P2  Corsair H100i Pro  Corsair ML RGB Fans  Thermaltake Versa H18 TG mATX Case

Mini Work PC  R7 1700  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White)  Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB  Corsair SF 450W  Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB  Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans  Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

SFF ITX Home PC  i7-6700k  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 Mini ITX Case (Grey)

Laptop  Dell XPS13 (2017)  i7-7550U  16GB DDR3 RAM  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Sold PC's  Big White

1 hour ago, JM21 said:

That's probably one of the better options under $100, the Logitech G610 is probably better, it has white back-lit keys but Logitech stopped making it last year so it is a rare find. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/keyboard/#s=3&sort=price&page=1

Wouldn't really recommend the G610, it has a brittle plastic case and the mounting makes it fairly "pingy". For the price, there are other choices such as Leopold or Varmilo boards, but I'd still take a HyperX board over Logitech ones.

5 minutes ago, yalox said:

Wouldn't really recommend the G610, it has a brittle plastic case and the mounting makes it fairly "pingy". For the price, there are other choices such as Leopold or Varmilo boards, but I'd still take a HyperX board over Logitech ones.

Agree to disagree, it's built super solid, definitely not brittle, not sure what you are saying about the mounting. I have owned mine for 4+ years and it has survived a few drops completely unscathed, super solid and great value.

AMD Motherboard Tier List  GPU Cooling Tier List  PSU Tier List  Noctua NF or Corsair ML?  Google Stadia Early Consensus

NOTE TO NEWCOMERS Remember to 'Reply' to comments in order for people to see them, this can be done by clicking the arrow icon at the bottom of a comment (Quote).

My Builds:

Blueberry Pi  R7 3800X Asus X470 ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wi-Fi ATX  Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16GB 3200MHz  EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC Black Edition 11GB  EVGA 850W P2  Cryorig R1 Universal (Blue)  Corsair ML Pro Blue LED Fans  Fractal Design Meshify C TG ATX Mid Tower

Gaming PC  i7-8700k OC@5.1GHz (Delid)  Asus Z370-G Gaming Wi-Fi mATX  Corsair Vengeance LED (Blue) 2x16GB 3000MHz  EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming iCX 8GB  EVGA 750W P2  Corsair H100i Pro  Corsair ML RGB Fans  Thermaltake Versa H18 TG mATX Case

Mini Work PC  R7 1700  Asus B450-I ROG STRIX Wi-Fi ITX  Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3000MHz (White)  Asus RX 580 Dual Series 8GB  Corsair SF 450W  Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML120L RGB  Noctua NF-F12 Chromax Fans  Silverstone Sugo SG13WB Mini ITX Case

SFF ITX Home PC  i7-6700k  MSI B250I Gaming Pro Wi-Fi AC ITX  G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 2800MHz  Intel Integrated Graphics  Seasonic SSP Flex ATX 300W PSU  Cryorig C7  Velka 3 rev 1.2 Mini ITX Case (Grey)

Laptop  Dell XPS13 (2017)  i7-7550U  16GB DDR3 RAM  Intel Integrated Graphics  1TB NVME M.2  QHD+ (4K) InfinityEdge Touch Display 

Sold PC's  Big White

Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, yalox said:

Links for the Leopold and Varmilo?

29 minutes ago, yalox said:

My main concern is keycaps.

4 minutes ago, PositiveRaisin2 said:

My main concern is keycaps.

The keycaps on the G610/G810 are thin ABS, which are not very good. They've also been known to fade through the coating. Leopold keyboards have the absolute best stock keycaps I've ever found on a keyboard, double-shot thick PBT keycaps. 

6 minutes ago, yalox said:

The keycaps on the G610/G810 are thin ABS, which are not very good. They've also been known to fade through the coating. Leopold keyboards have the absolute best stock keycaps I've ever found on a keyboard, double-shot thick PBT keycaps. 

Could I just replace them? even if I did that is would be $20 cheaper. Its also out of stock :( on mechanicalkeyboards.com I am willing to wait how ever hard it will be if it is a good price for a better keyboard. ;0

20 minutes ago, PositiveRaisin2 said:

Could I just replace them? even if I did that is would be $20 cheaper. Its also out of stock :( on mechanicalkeyboards.com I am willing to wait how ever hard it will be if it is a good price for a better keyboard. ;0

The typing experience and build quality/stabilizers will also be better, I'd go for a Leopold board. You can buy them off Amazon and other sites as well.

54 minutes ago, JM21 said:

Agree to disagree, it's built super solid, definitely not brittle, not sure what you are saying about the mounting. I have owned mine for 4+ years and it has survived a few drops completely unscathed, super solid and great value.

To be fair, nearly all gaming keyboards have the same issues. The G610/G810, for example, have poor quality laser-etched ABS keycaps, which have also been known to fade out. The stabilizers are poor as well, with a substantial amount of rattle/inconsistency (most gaming keyboards have the same issue). As for the case, it's also made out of plastic. Although the Alloy FPS isn't a great value either, it has an aluminum case.

3 hours ago, yalox said:

. Although the Alloy FPS isn't a great value either, it has an aluminum case.

Also it features standard layout which makes it easy to get decent PBT caps, while Logitech uses non standard layout which severely limits your ability to get better caps and that sucks.

10 hours ago, yalox said:

The typing experience and build quality/stabilizers will also be better, I'd go for a Leopold board. You can buy them off Amazon and other sites as well.

I seems that the cheapest is on mechanicalkeyboards.com 

20 minutes ago, PositiveRaisin2 said:

I seems that the cheapest is on mechanicalkeyboards.com 

Yeah, I got mine from there, they make great boards and the caps quality is superb. I would get the silent reds or just regular reds version though, the bump on the browns is so so tiny that it just feels like a scratchy red. If it must have the tactility then clears would be better option imo.

Edited by noxdeouroboros

I have been using the cooler master masterkeys pro s with the white led since 2017. Its a typing pleasure! 

it also comes in two different sizes.