[Help]MacbookPro 16inch spec Suggestion

Hi I went through a lot of thoughts on this and I chose the macbook Pro for my next laptop. My last laptop was a six-year-old samsung ultrabook,can't even run a premiere pro 180p video.

I know I am the one who makes the decision. I'll be using it for 4K 10bit 30/ 8bit 60fps video editing and mostly it will be a max 4~5min video. Considering that my desktop spec is high[i9 9900k  / 32GB RAM / RTX2080ti ], I never had problems and RAM deficiency. mostly 20-25GB RAM would be about the max. I currently rarely use Adobe After Effect, which uses RAMs that are given and I thought someday I might need to use it more. 

The problem is Macbook Pro parts are soldered. So, initially I thought this would be the base, i9 2.3 / 8GB GPU / Education pack(might be a good opportunity to use a Mac product).

The point is to either use 2TB  32GB RAM or 1TB 64GB RAM. I'd be considering using external SSDs and considered not crashing or slowing down the process when choosing 64GB RAM.

2TB would be not carrying or considering storage when programs I learn and use muiltplies.

So I spent some time and asked through reddit and also Apple CS and went for the 64GB RAM first. I needed to know how I'd be using on a Macbook Pro.

I still think it'a an overkill but if there's a 14 days return or exchange policy, I could use it to know whether I need that extra RAM.

I don'y have great editing or numeral video editing skills to use those 32GB RAM but considering I'll be stepping my game up, it could be a futureproof investment.

Anyway, if you think considering that I don't use more than 32GB RAM in my high-end desktop. Would it be wise to downgrade to 32GB RAM with 2TB storage?

It seems it'll arrive in Fec 2

ps. I still don't get why people use Final Cut and Logic X simultaneously. I have use a mac ever so feel free enlighten me. The Apple adviser did say using 64GB RAM is rare but it's an insurance for not letting the program crash.

I can edit 4k videos on my 13" MBP with 16GB RAM in FCPX just fine and it exports faster than real-time.

Unless you're doing RAW video, the 16" is overkill for 5min videos.

All the options you're looking at are essentially luxury items, and thus you're the one who needs to decide what you want to spend on.

38 minutes ago, Chen G said:

I can edit 4k videos on my 13" MBP with 16GB RAM in FCPX just fine and it exports faster than real-time.

Unless you're doing RAW video, the 16" is overkill for 5min videos.

All the options you're looking at are essentially luxury items, and thus you're the one who needs to decide what you want to spend on.

Hmm... So 32GB RAM would be fine? I did think 64GB could be an overkill but I just had to know if I'll need those extra. 

I edit 4K 10bit h265 D-log M 30fps drone videos or 4K 8it 60pfs max

So I might exchange the RAM(High possibility). Then I'd be getting the 2TB or to spend less 1TB storage

3 hours ago, Cloudkim said:

Hmm... So 32GB RAM would be fine? I did think 64GB could be an overkill but I just had to know if I'll need those extra. 

I edit 4K 10bit h265 D-log M 30fps drone videos or 4K 8it 60pfs max

So I might exchange the RAM(High possibility). Then I'd be getting the 2TB or to spend less 1TB storage

There is hardware decoding and encoding for H.265 so it’s easy on these machines.