SSD cooling

BCTech

Hi everyone,

Since Intel’s 750 series runs between 50-100C and I am looking at installing an Intel 7 TB Intel D5-P4320 (which is said to run hotter) as my data drive... Has anyone used the EK SSD cooler, and do you know if the D5-P4320 will fit in it?

34 minutes ago, BCTech said:

Hi everyone,

Since Intel’s 750 series runs between 50-100C and I am looking at installing an Intel 7 TB Intel D5-P4320 (which is said to run hotter) as my data drive... Has anyone used the EK SSD cooler, and do you know if the D5-P4320 will fit in it?

It has heatsinking already in place but not sure what block you are referring to as EK doesn't have and SSD cooler that for the U2 series of SSD's. They have an M.2 version which definitely won't work. 

38 minutes ago, BCTech said:

Hi everyone,

Is it needed in the first place?  Is 95c a hard number for all silicon?  Will it matter since SSDs slowly wear away anyway?  Would it be cheaper to just pull the plastic case off and heat tape a metal plate to it?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.