Mathew's First Public Build Log

Mathew Lang

I have enjoyed working on and building my own computers for my entire life but this will be the first time that I really share it with anyone outside of my circle of friends. I found this forum and am really pulled to the idea of sharing this experience with others who might enjoy the story I am about to tell.

I bounced between a few ideas for how to theme this build and when I began I was going to try to go with an All White build. I found this to be a challenge due to the limited supply of PC parts. I was also going to go with some really cool RGB builds and found this to be frustrating in my attempt to mix multiple Eco-Systems between the already limited parts which were available in white.

During my time with the All White build theme I found that the Fractal Meshify S2 case met almost all of my goals. It was one of the only cases which featured a tempered glass panel with a white border. I felt that I can turn all of the remaining black parts of the case into white with some paint but that having the glass already be white was one major headache I was able to avoid.

After I received the case I ultimately felt that I needed to drop the All White theme and go with a Black & White theme for this PC. Fortunately the case fits this theme choice perfectly.

I opened the Box from Fractal and found a wonderful case. I decided the first step of this build project was to get to know my case and I did this by stripping it down as much as I could. I removed every single screw and wire I could. I felt that I could not know what was possible to upgrade until I knew what could and could not be removed.

So today for the first post of this Multi-Part Build Log I wanted to share with you the photos of a completely stripped down Meshify S2 case.

Once I stripped it down the total weight was only 1/3 of its original and I was really able to understand the structure of the case better. Doing this has allowed me to better plan out the next parts I am buying. The next update to this will be in about 2 weeks when the next shipment of parts comes in. It took me forever to choose the Power Supply, Case Fan and CPU cooling setup which fit my overall Black & White theme but I am really happy with my final choices and I look forward to sharing them with you.

My final note on this post is to happily recommend the Meshify S2 for its easy modification factor.

IMG_20200117_171708.jpg

IMG_20200117_171716.jpg

IMG_20200117_171723.jpg

IMG_20200117_171730.jpg

IMG_20200117_171739.jpg

IMG_20200117_171753.jpg

I like your sandals! :D Can't wait to see more of the build too.

More links in my profile! Builds: Project(Main Rig): Cosmos Sv2 -- 2nd PC: Old School AMD -- Project: HD4890 Revival,

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Specs Below ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Cosmos Sv2:

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.1ghz
  • Motherboard: Asus PRIME Z390-A
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000
  • GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Turbo
  • Case: Modded Cosmos S (Cosmos Sv2)
  • Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME, WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe, 2x WD Red 2TB raid 1, 150GB Toshiba 2.5"
  • PSU: Corsair HX850
  • Display(s): Samsung LC32JG50QQNZA 32.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz, LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75 Hz
  • Cooling: Custom Loop
  • Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum
  • Mouse: Corsair Dark Core
  • Sound: Oboard with Logitech something or other 5.1 speakers and HyperX Headset
  • PC Part Picker URL: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/NotSoEpicMods/saved/LYysZL

Old School AMD:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
  • Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev1.0
  • RAM: 16GB Patriot Sector 5
  • GPU: XFX HD 7950
  • Case: Cougar MX330-G Glass Window
  • Storage: 2x HyperX 3K 120GB SSD 
  • PSU: Corsair 650W
  • Display(s): Samsung 32"
  • Cooling: Hyper 212+
  • Keyboard: Logitech G110
  • Mouse: Logitech M100