Love this new CPU cooler =)

steelo

Just delivered last night – For those of you who don’t know, it’s an AMD Wraith Prism. Nothing special, but I was able to snatch this off of ebay new for $25. I’m using it to cool a 12 nm Ryzen 5 1600 AF refit now running at 4 ghz and have yet to see temperatures get over 60C while gaming. I’m not a huge RGB fan, but I personally love the blue/orange theme ? 

I apologize for the fan noise in the video, the fan was maxed out with the case opened up. I’ve since reduced the speed to ‘normal’ in UEFI.

I'm a sucker for its simple look. It came bundled with my 3700X and it felt like a crime to not use it or - even worse - sell it.

It's a nice cooler, glad AMD stepped up and included them in stock packages for some CPUs.  Even their lower end offerings are decent.

9 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

I'm a sucker for its simple look. It came bundled with my 3700X and it felt like a crime to not use it or - even worse - sell it.

I didn't realize the heatsinks were so massive - at least compared to the rinky dink ones on the wraith stealth. I had an 'oh s*!*' moment removing the old cooler when the heatsink appeared to be stuck to the CPU. Well, apparently I pulled a little too hard and yanked the CPU right out of the socket. Remarkably no bent pins and CPU seems to work just fine!

53 minutes ago, SPARTAN VI said:

It looks to be well made and is relatively quiet. The Wraith Spire is a decent stock cooler, but if I'd quickly ditch the Stealth if you plan on doing any type of overclocking.

33 minutes ago, steelo said:

I was able to snatch this off of ebay new for $25. I’m using it to cool a 12 nm Ryzen 5 1600 AF refit now running at 4 ghz

almost the same config as my roommate, 2600 at 3.9 with his prism. pretty great performance at 144Hz in his most played games.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

39 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

almost the same config as my roommate, 2600 at 3.9 with his prism. pretty great performance at 144Hz in his most played games.

Unfortunately, as of right now I'm only using a 60 hz 1080 monitor but I do play a lot of VR games that can be demanding on the CPU/GPU. My old RX 570 got the job done with 1080 games and maintaining 60 fps. VR was pretty borderline as I pretty much had to drop all of the graphical settings down to 'low' in order to maintain ~ 90 fps. The RX 570 was an awesome budget card, but this new 5700 is in another league ?