Asking for a network switch recommendation/s

Hunyo18

Looking for an unmanaged switch that supports 24-to-48 1gigabit ports(rj45) with 2-to-4 extra 10gigabit ports(rj45/sfp/sfp+, preferably rj45). Any legit brand will do. Thanks in advance.

Edit: And also an unmanaged switch that supports 24 10gigabit ports. Thanks again

I have this switch for user access: https://mikrotik.com/product/CSS326-24G-2SplusRM. This product works fine and is pretty cheap. U can easily buy one from Amazon.

best reguards BLVCK

GPU: Powercolor 7900XTX Hellhound, CPU: 5900X, MB: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, RAM: 2kits F4-3600C18D-32GVK, PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Case: BeQuiet 601 Silenced, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro3 + AM4 Plate, NIC: Asus XG-C100F 10G, Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Z, 1TB Kingston NVME, Some old SSDs, HDD: 32TB@7200, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, WQHD 144hz IPS Display

Typically when you go this high end they're all managed. I've seen unmanaged 48 port gigabit switches but usually once you go into 10Gbit/SFP+ territory they're all managed.

If you want cheap switches usually unmanaged check eBay. You can find them as low as $20 used.

If you want new for the first request I can recommend this. It is managed but it can be used as a dummy switch:

Ubiquiti Networks US-48-US

As for the second the only brand I know of supporting that many 10Gbit ports is CISCO. They have used gear on eBay. New I can only recommend a Ubiquiti switch that supports 16 I don't know of a higher count one. The Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG-US

6 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Typically when you go this high end they're all managed. I've seen unmanaged 48 port gigabit switches but usually once you go into 10Gbit/SFP+ territory they're all managed.

If you want cheap switches usually unmanaged check eBay. You can find them as low as $20 used.

If you want new for the first request I can recommend this. It is managed but it can be used as a dummy switch:

Ubiquiti Networks US-48-US

As for the second the only brand I know of supporting that many 10Gbit ports is CISCO. They have used gear on eBay. New I can only recommend a Ubiquiti switch that supports 16 I don't know of a higher count one. The Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG-US

I can recommend this device https://mikrotik.com/product/crs326_24s_2q_rm

It has a bunch of sfp+ ports and 2 qsfp 40 gbit ports. This device needs a bit more knowledge but therefore it cheaper than the competetors

best regards BLVCK

GPU: Powercolor 7900XTX Hellhound, CPU: 5900X, MB: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI, RAM: 2kits F4-3600C18D-32GVK, PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Case: BeQuiet 601 Silenced, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro3 + AM4 Plate, NIC: Asus XG-C100F 10G, Soundcard: Creative Sound Blaster Z, 1TB Kingston NVME, Some old SSDs, HDD: 32TB@7200, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm, WQHD 144hz IPS Display

5 minutes ago, BLACKRIPPER said:

I can recommend this device https://mikrotik.com/product/crs326_24s_2q_rm

It has a bunch of sfp+ ports and 2 qsfp 40 gbit ports. This device needs a bit more knowledge but therefore it cheaper than the competetors

best regards BLVCK

40Gbit ?

I think OP wants something super plug & play though and he wants some RJ-45 ports if it can be helped. Those SFP+ to RJ-45 transceivers are expensive. Cheapest I found were $55 each and that'll get costly quick.

Why don't we recommend him the same Switch Linus got in the office 1 year ago the Dell S4048T-ON?

• 48 RJ-45 10Gbit ports
  • 6 QSFP+ 40Gbit ports

:D

Cisco 4948. Its managed, but I can get you a basic configuration that you can just copy and paste into your favorite terminal emulation program and it will run pretty much right out of the box. They are CHEAP too, and have 48 1 Gigabit ports, plus 4, 10 gigabit SFP+ Ports. I have one as my main switch at home and it kicks ass. The only downside is, its a little loud. You can find em on eBay for under $75 most days.