Is there any benefit to using Sennheiser HD 599s with an amp instead of my on-board audio?

I just got a pair of HD 599s, and I'm just wondering if I'd be likely to notice better sound if I had them connected to a dedicated amp rather than my desktop's front headphone jack. They already sound noticeably better than my Status Audio CB-1s, but I just want to ensure I'm getting the most out of them. The motherboard I'm using is the ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming board from ASUS, if that's relevant in any way.

aside from a cleaner signal and more overhead not really if it's loud enough and sounds clean you should be fine but if you want to really make sure your getting the most out of your setup a dac amp is the way to go. 

6 hours ago, fireclaw316 said:

I just got a pair of HD 599s, and I'm just wondering if I'd be likely to notice better sound if I had them connected to a dedicated amp rather than my desktop's front headphone jack. They already sound noticeably better than my Status Audio CB-1s, but I just want to ensure I'm getting the most out of them. The motherboard I'm using is the ROG STRIX B350-F Gaming board from ASUS, if that's relevant in any way.

It sounds like you aren't facing any issues like static, so no.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3