Return of the Zen - 12nm Ryzen 5 1600 (AF) found in new batches

williamcll

How are temps with the Prism cooler? I've got a spire to use, but might upgrade my 2700X cooler and give my friend the Prism.

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

How are temps with the Prism cooler? I've got a spire to use, but might upgrade my 2700X cooler and give my friend the Prism.

Temps are good, however my house is around 67deg now,  and I also have some good airflow going through the Phanteks P400s case. 

IMG_6465.JPG

7 hours ago, Boats2020 said:

Temps are good, however my house is around 67deg now,  and I also have some good airflow going through the Phanteks P400s case. 

Hmm good, thank you. Seems like a Prism on a 1600AF is a good combo and might even allow for some overclock head room, have you done any OC with that cooler yet?

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

Hmm good, thank you. Seems like a Prism on a 1600AF is a good combo and might even allow for some overclock head room, have you done any OC with that cooler yet?

No CPU OC as of now, just XMP on RAM

Mine came from Amazon today and it is indeed an AF 1600, I just repaired my B450 board and I'm waiting on some RAM to stick in it.

16 hours ago, Bitter said:

Mine came from Amazon today and it is indeed an AF 1600, I just repaired my B450 board and I'm waiting on some RAM to stick in it.

Good luck! make sure to download the latest version of Ryzen Master if you plan on OC

3 hours ago, Boats2020 said:

Good luck! make sure to download the latest version of Ryzen Master if you plan on OC

I've had less than stellar luck with it and my 2700X for non OC stuff, I've found it easier to just work in BIOS to make changes. I probably won't OC for the sake of my friend not running into any issues but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Wraith Prism on her 1600AF and it's kind of overkill. At default settings the CPU makes 90W at 3.6Ghz all cores with everything on auto. I then undervolted it 0.050 negative offset and it's doing 85W at 3.6 all cores. The Prism is holding it under 60C at 2200 RPM fan speed with AS5 thermal compound. I have the fan curve set that at idle it's nearly a passive cooler. I haven't overclocked it and I might not, I'm sure it'll do plenty without it and I don't think the added heat and noise will be worth it. Maybe we'll revisit that if it needs it.