Which should i buy for the holidays?

The Spectator
Go to solution Solved by The Spectator,
22 minutes ago, food158 said:

Tin t2 is a great item, however...

You're looking at iem's. Imaging and soundstage is an inherent disadvantage of iems.

Ok, ill get the Tin T2's and stick with my current headphones for gaming. Thanks so much you guys!

For the holidays i was going to treat myself to a new pair of headphones, as my current ones are broken from excessive use. I've narrowed it down to 2 options

1. Philips SHP9500  (Headphones)                                              2. TIN T2 (Earbuds) 

I would only be able to choose one and all i am using for my desktop use is the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 Audio Interface while for travel its just my phone.

If i did choose the Earbuds, how would they be for gaming since i would be using them almost daily and they are good for music but i dont know about the gaming quality 

Cant wait to see what you guys think, Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Budddy1 said:

For the holidays i was going to treat myself to a new pair of headphones, as my current ones are broken from excessive use. I've narrowed it down to 2 options

1. Philips SHP9500  (Headphones)                                              2. TIN T2 (Earbuds) 

I would only be able to choose one and all i am using for my desktop use is the Behringer U-Phoria UM2 Audio Interface while for travel its just my phone.

If i did choose the Earbuds, how would they be for gaming since i would be using them almost daily and they are good for music but i dont know about the gaming quality 

Cant wait to see what you guys think, Thanks!

The earbuds would not be very good for gaming compared to the Phillips. However, the problem is neither of these are do it all headphones. You probably shouldn't use the Phillips for travel, but you probably shouldn't use the Tin's for gaming.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

8 minutes ago, food158 said:

The earbuds would not be very good for gaming compared to the Phillips. However, the problem is neither of these are do it all headphones. You probably shouldn't use the Phillips for travel, but you probably shouldn't use the Tin's for gaming.

What would you recommend then?

if you need something to travelk with I would recc going for a creative aurvana live or BLON B8 would be better for travel than the shps and better than the t2's for gaming

19 minutes ago, food158 said:

TBH both, but what is limiting you from getting two instead of one devices? Budget?

Just wanted to save some money, still dont know

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

what type of music are you into?

60s to 90s like Madness, Stealers Wheel, Queen, Elton John, Electric Light Orchestra. That kind of stuff. I might just get the t2's for my travel and listening to music for desktop

Btw, for my current headphones i have the Superlux HD681 EVO

2 minutes ago, Budddy1 said:

60s to 90s like Madness, Stealers Wheel, Queen, Elton John, Electric Light Orchestra. That kind of stuff. I might just get the t2's for my travel and listening to music for desktop

sure they are pretty good I have a pair on the way for my collection too.. I liked them when I listened to them nice flat sorta boring IEM but if your into that thats great. if your looking for something with bass and more fun I would not really go for the t2 personally. they have a ton of hype around but more IEMs have come out since release. I would recc looking around first. as to me the t2 are really not for everybody.

22 minutes ago, Budddy1 said:

18 minutes ago, rice guru said:

sure they are pretty good I have a pair on the way for my collection too.. I liked them when I listened to them nice flat sorta boring IEM but if your into that thats great. if your looking for something with bass and more fun I would not really go for the t2 personally. they have a ton of hype around but more IEMs have come out since release. I would recc looking around first. as to me the t2 are really not for everybody.

Consider some Etymotic Er2's. The ear fit is polarizing, but offers best in class isolation.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

18 hours ago, rice guru said:

What IEM's would you recommend for the price?

18 hours ago, food158 said:

Consider some Etymotic Er2's. The ear fit is polarizing, but offers best in class isolation.

Those are a little pricey, is there a good sounding IEM thats ok for gaming at least?

1 hour ago, Budddy1 said:

1 hour ago, Budddy1 said:

Those are a little pricey, is there a good sounding IEM thats ok for gaming at least?

You're looking at iem's. Imaging and soundstage is an inherent disadvantage of iems.

Crimson Panda

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

22 minutes ago, food158 said:

Ok, ill get the Tin T2's and stick with my current headphones for gaming. Thanks so much you guys!

4 hours ago, Budddy1 said:

Blon BL 03 if you want something with nice boomy bass. The KZ kxxs if you want something v shaped, stick with the tins if you want something neutral and flat with a hint of warmth.  For gaming the t2 and blons are ok cause they have decent imaging and soundstage as iems