1440p VA Curved vs 1080p IPS

mieti150

Hey Guys,

I am into buying a new monitor. I have got two options to choose from and I am not exactly sure what to get. I am on a Samsung C24FG70 monitor, but I need to get a 27’ as it’s way better for multitasking as well as I am tired of all the motion blur and ghosting happening on my VA panel. 

The monitors that I am choosing out of:

-LG 27GL63T (1080p IPS 1ms) - 1099PLN/284USD

-Acer ED273URPBIDPX (1440p VA 4ms) - 860PLN/222USD

I’ve had some acer products and never quite like them but both of the monitors are on sale right now and I can get them a lot cheaper then they usualy are in Poland. 
I need to say that the ghosting is quite killing me and I don’t know if it makes sense to buy a VA 1440p monitor instead of 1080p IPS for gaming, Music production and programming (mainly VS and VS Code).

I’ve heard that not all of the 27’ 1080p monitors are bad for pixel dencity. What do you think?

I’ve got a pretty good PC with ryzen 7 3700x and gtx 1080ti so I can easily handle both resolution at max 144hz framerate at most games.

I need as much feedback as possible, so if you are reading this post please put your feedback and thoughts down below, as it might help.

Cheers!:)

You clearly have the horsepower so go for 1440p. I don't think I've ever seen a 27 inch 1080p monitor that didn't look like a bunch of little legos. Once you go past a 24 inch it becomes very noticeable, at least to me. What's your budget, are you in the US? 

Before suggesting any other monitors take a look at these. I’ve searched for many monitors and these are currently on sale.

As I mentioned, I live in Poland and these are the only monitors that I am taking a look at. If you want to suggest me a different monitor it needs to be on one of the Polish websites such as morele.net, x-kom.pl od mediaexpert.pl. My budget is ranging out of 800-1100 PLN.

If this helps: 

-I like to have almost 0 ghosting/motion blur and the curved panel is a plus as well. I do play a lot of games, but I need a monitor to be able to handle a lot of tasks given.

19 minutes ago, mieti150 said:

I live in Poland

Sorry I missed that part. I'm not familiar with the pricing or availability in Poland so I'm not going to recommend an alternative. Going to a tech store first to see if you think you would even be happy with a 1080p display that large could be helpful. In my experience, they don't look very good and reading on them can even be straining. The Acer you linked is pretty awful so I would chose the lesser of two evils if these were my only two options. Option three, save a little longer and get something you can actually enjoy. They do make good VA panels but that Acer just doesn't happen to use one of them.  

4 minutes ago, Founders said:

Sorry I missed that part. I'm not familiar with the pricing or availability in Poland so I'm not going to recommend an alternative. Going to a tech store first to see if you think you would even be happy with a 1080p display that large could be helpful. In my experience, they don't look very good and reading on them can even be straining. The Acer you linked is pretty awful so I would chose the lesser of two evils if these were my only two options. Option three, save a little longer and get something you can actually enjoy. They do make good VA panels but that Acer just doesn't happen to use one of them.  

Saving more money just don’t come into consideration as I’ve got a very strict budget for certain things. 

Could you do me a favor and check other monitors in Poland that are quite good? I am very confused now and don’t know what to do. Keep that in mind that other 144hz 1440p monitors might cost twice as much. This acer is 30% off as wel as the LG.

10 minutes ago, mieti150 said:

Could you do me a favor and check other monitors in Poland that are quite good?

I would't even know where to begin tracking down a good deal in Poland OP. I have shopping tools for the US, but that wouldn't help you. As I said, if you can check out some monitors in person before making a purchase so you're not disappointed. The LG is definitely the best out of those two by a country mile if that helps you.