Is the Canon 35 - 80 mm worth 25 $ USD ?

Hey guys,

What do you think should I vuy this lens. It's cheap and I am just startign to get into photography ( I have the Canon T3i and the Kit Lens ž9

post-3174-0-08142300-1391951517.jpg

post-3174-0-93021100-1391951518.jpg

Photograpgy is like audio, you only need to fit the gear with your needs instead of chasing price tag.

Sorry but don't know a lot about phography, www.kenrockwell.com/‎ might be a good a place to start.

sounds like a good deal, but the model is very outdated and the auto focus won't be very fast 

I will buy it just to experiment around. I am starting to get into photography and I am on a budhet so this is perfect. Ehat would you say I should get next (I was thinking about the 70-300 because I will go on a vacation and I want a new lense)

25$ is not that much for a lens. You can allways try it out and if you dont use it sell it again.

Can I use it on newer Canon cameras (T3, T3i and so on)

I will buy it just to experiment around. I am starting to get into photography and I am on a budhet so this is perfect. Ehat would you say I should get next (I was thinking about the 70-300 because I will go on a vacation and I want a new lense)

70-300 is a pretty decent lense, but not the fastest auto focus system :)

Can I use it on newer Canon cameras (T3, T3i and so on)

You can use it on every canon slr but if you put it on a aps-c camera you will multiply the focal length by 1.5x.

so this lens will become a 50-120mm.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

You can use it on every canon slr but if you put it on a aps-c camera you will multiply the focal length by 1.5x.

so this lens will become a 50-120mm.

Thank you. (I have the T3 will it do that on my camera) ? If it does nevermind

70-300 is a pretty decent lense, but not the fastest auto focus system :)

I don't mind that I just want the zoom

I don't mind that I just want the zoom

the zoom is great and you've got anything under 70mm covered with the kit lense anyways

Thank you. (I have the T3 will it do that on my camera) ? If it does nevermind

Yes it will do it on a T3, basically on every camera until you get to the $2000+ cameras.

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

Yes it will do it on a T3, basically on every camera until you get to the $2000+ cameras.

It's an EF so it will work on full frame too, but I'd be asking questions to anyone who sticks a plastic mount lens on a 5D or 1d :lol:

Couldn't find any info on Dxomark but I don't think you can go too far wrong with it for the price. Max aperture is pretty bad, its essentially a kit lens with a nicer focal length for tele stuff like portraits etc.

Had a look at some sample images and it looks quite sharp, definitely seems a bit better than the 18-55. You might as well grab one at the price they go for anyway.