PSU failure (I think)

Nightmare1886

Hi guys. My Force 650w PSU (Yeap i know it's dirt cheap) was buzzing the last few days whenever i was gaming. Today i was playing some stalker (pretty old game and not too demanding) when the system suddenly stopped working. I could hear some short of noise coming from there case.it was like a low hum. The fans on the entirety case had stopped working and the led light on the GPU was also turned off. The only thing with some life left in it was the RGB lighting in the mobo. I immediately closed the power supply from the button behind and fearing for the worst bend down and sniffed the PSU for any plastic or burned smell. Nothing. It wasn't even all that warm. Immediately removed the GPU to check if it was ok and sniffed to find any burning odors or something. Again nothing. Tried to turn the system on without the GPU but it won't start. Not even a single sound when I press the Power button. The only thing that flashes for a split second is the RGB in the mobo when i turn on the PSU. My question is do you think the PSU failed but without any burning or smoke or something? Or it is another component that failed? 

Also my biggest worry is if Indeed the PSU failed, what are the odds of it damaging any other component in my system?

The entire system isn't even two months old and the GPU ffs was bought on Friday. 

Specs (alive i hope)

Ryzen 5 3400g

Gigabyte aorus b450 m rev 1.0

Sapphire Rx 580 nitro+ 8gb

Cooler master CMP 500

Gskill ripjaws 16gb 3200mhz

Force 650w

Samsung SSD m.2 250gb (i think the 860)

Thanks guys in advance.

Sorry this happened man this always sucks, anyways I linked the Original Forum post for this below with the instructions , these will help you

troubleshoot the PSU

I also linked a video demonstrating the process, But if you feel uncomfortable messing with electricity they do sell power supply jumpers.

1. Unplug your power cord and/or flip the switch on the back of the PSU in the position denoted with OFF or 0
  2. Unplug every connector coming from your PSU (this is very important)
  3. Using a bent paperclip, short out the green wire on the 24 pin header with any of the black wires
  4. If you have a PSU that shuts down its fan under low load, or a PSU that is fanless, connect something small like a hard drive to it.
  5. Plug in your power cord and/or flip the switch on the back of the PSU in the position denoted with ON or I

If the PSU does NOT power on (the fan/hard drive you connected should start spinning) after following these steps, your PSU is in all likelyhood defective. Request an RMA.

If the PSU DOES power on, then the problem is most likely your motherboard.