Windows 10 reset stuck on 12% for 3 hours

crainingaming
Go to solution Solved by Brooksie359,
9 minutes ago, crainingaming said:

So is it safe to power off on this screen and then wipe the drive manually? 

Safe how? It's not going to kill any hardware but the windows on that was trying to be reset might be nonfunctional and to wipe the drive you would either need to do it from the bios or from plugging it into a working computer and format the drive in windows. Also you will need to renter in your windows key if you do a fresh install. 

Hey guys, so I just got a new ssd and wanted to reset my windows so that I could get a fresh start on my ssd and I'm stuck here. I have a boot drive and everything ready, is it safe to shut my pc off here or will it work soon? Thanks! 

15755883795915603220668609976106.jpg

If it has been like that for 3 hours I would assume it is stuck and won't finish. I would honestly just do a fresh install tbh. 

17 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

If it has been like that for 3 hours I would assume it is stuck and won't finish. I would honestly just do a fresh install tbh. 

9 minutes ago, crainingaming said:

Safe how? It's not going to kill any hardware but the windows on that was trying to be reset might be nonfunctional and to wipe the drive you would either need to do it from the bios or from plugging it into a working computer and format the drive in windows. Also you will need to renter in your windows key if you do a fresh install. 

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

Thanks very much, I don't care about the windows I wanted it gone anyways lol it's all about the hardware for me. Thanks! 

29 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Final dumb question, how do you clean the drive from bios? 

15 hours ago, crainingaming said:

Final dumb question, how do you clean the drive from bios? 

You don't.

You need to install Linux or something 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux