Users of G Pro Wireless with Hard mouse pads.. how often do you have to replace mouse feet?

kofman13

I recently got a cheap hard mouse pad thats almost as smooth as the glorious helios to see if i would even like this type of mouse pad and im in love with how well it glides, but even using it for a few days i can already see the mouse feet on my G pro wireless arent as shiny and smooth as they were before. how often do you guys replace mouse feet on the GPW when using with hard mousepads? is it difficult? expensive?

p.s. ive read very conflicting info. some people change once a year with hard pads and some people say they change every month because they find it "unplayable" if it wears down AT ALL

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

Depends on the weight you put on your mouse.  A palm grip tends to push down on the pad more whereas something like a fingertip grip lets it glide more.  I had a G303 that I had to change the pads on 3 times in 3 years with a hard pad.  It's not super expensive but it is pretty annoying to go through the process.  I've since switched back to cloth and never looked back. 

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

3 hours ago, Polyvalent said:

Depends on the weight you put on your mouse.  A palm grip tends to push down on the pad more whereas something like a fingertip grip lets it glide more.  I had a G303 that I had to change the pads on 3 times in 3 years with a hard pad.  It's not super expensive but it is pretty annoying to go through the process.  I've since switched back to cloth and never looked back. 

i looked on amazon and replacement feet for G pro range from $8-13 which isnt bad if im only going to change them  once a year, but if they eat feet once every 2-3 months then ill get mad lol

CPU: Intel 5820K OC 4GHZ | RAM: 16GB Corsair | GPU: ASUS STRIX 1070 8GB OC | Samsung EVO 980 500GB

18 hours ago, Polyvalent said:

whichcloth do you have

I also use hard pad, just feels so consistent and smooth. Had no issues yet for like a year. But yeah, depends on pad, mouse feet. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

4 hours ago, kofman13 said:

whichcloth do you have

corsair MM200

https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-MM200-High-Performance-Optimized-Designed/dp/B014W1Z890

if you're gonna go cloth imo it needs to be high quality and it needs to be kept clean.  if it isn't super smooth and clean it won't compare to a hard pad in terms of consistency.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1