Hi Guys,

I am planning to build my first PC with the attached parts. What do you guys think about the build?

• How will it perform in 1080p and 1440p gaming?
  • Will buying a 144Hz monitor with this be worth it?
  • How will it perform in CAD?
  • Is the price to performance ratio good for this, as I am trying to get the most performance out of a tight budget?
  • Should I use water cooling, since I am planning to overclock the CPU?

I would appreciate your general thoughts on this build. If you have any improvements that would improve the build whilst keeping it in the sub 700 EUR budget I would be happy to hear them.

Screenshot 2019-12-04 at 20.30.24.png

upgrading to an x processor might or might not be worth it for the better fan.  Price would have to be nearly the same.

a 144hz monitor might be worth it if it was 1080p and it had gsynch.  You won’t hit 144hz in most games.  You’ll get over 60fps in a lot of them though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

upgrading to an x processor might or might not be worth it for the better fan.  Price would have to be nearly the same.

a 144hz monitor might be worth it if it was 1080p and it had gsynch.  You won’t hit 144hz in most games.  You’ll get over 60fps in a lot of them though.

Including the 2600x, do you reckon I’m getting something very good at my price point or do you recommend any other changes to get the best build for the price?

13 minutes ago, ZUMEX said:

Including the 2600x, do you reckon I’m getting something very good at my price point or do you recommend any other changes to get the best build for the price?

Prices are very hard to gauge until after Christmas sales are over.  I don’t even live in the EU so I have no idea what to compare against.  I do understand they vary from place to place.

i don’t see any holes.  It looks like it will run reasonably well. Maybe a bit gpu heavy. Not enough to drop a card level. I’m not sure what the performance level of a 2600x is.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€119.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€76.83 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€58.34 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€71.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gainward GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Ghost Video Card  (€243.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€34.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Xilence Performance A+ 530 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €650.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-05 03:53 CET+0100

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (€119.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4-F Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€76.83 @ Alza) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€58.34 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€71.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Gainward GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6 GB Ghost Video Card  (€243.89 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  (€34.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: Xilence Performance A+ 530 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€44.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €650.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-05 03:53 CET+0100

looks like a good build, I was thinking about buying a water cooler for the 2600 though, as I will overclock the hell out of it.

11 minutes ago, ZUMEX said:

looks like a good build, I was thinking about buying a water cooler for the 2600 though, as I will overclock the hell out of it.

A good air cooler will do the job just as well, but at this budget you're better off spending the money on a better GPU.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

13 minutes ago, ZUMEX said:

rather than spending 50+ on watercooling the 2600, you're better off with the 3600 on stock cooler

2 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

A good air cooler will do the job just as well, but at this budget you're better off spending the money on a better GPU.

isn't the 1660 super already pretty powerful? I'm only planning to do 1080p gaming at 60+ FPS at high settings and was actually thinking about getting the 1650 super instead of the 1660 super to safe another 90 EUR as I don't really need crazy performance. What do you think?

from your original build I'd change the motherboard to a ASRock B450M Pro4-F, the ram to a 3200 c16 kit and the psu to a Corsair TX550M. the rest looks good. but the priority is to change that motherboard, it's terrible.

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

from your original build I'd change the motherboard to a ASRock B450M Pro4-F, the ram to a 3200 c16 kit and the psu to a Corsair TX550M. the rest looks good. but the priority is to change that motherboard, it's terrible.

Yeah, I watched some videos on it and found out the same thing. I would probably buy the ASRock B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard instead, as apparently it is meant to be a beast for overclocking at its price. Do you agree with that choice?

2 hours ago, ZUMEX said:

isn't the 1660 super already pretty powerful? I'm only planning to do 1080p gaming at 60+ FPS at high settings and was actually thinking about getting the 1650 super instead of the 1660 super to safe another 90 EUR as I don't really need crazy performance. What do you think?

The 1660 Super would be plenty of power for 60FPS 1080p gaming. In the few infamous titles, you may need to lower settings a bit from ultra to high. (The latest Assassin's Creed, Metro Exodus, etc.)

If you wanted to spend less, frankly the RX 580/590 are solid 1080p options. The 1660/ti are great as well.

The 3600 would be a better buy than a cooler and a 2600. 

10 minutes ago, trevb0t said:

The 1660 Super would be plenty of power for 60FPS 1080p gaming. In the few infamous titles, you may need to lower settings a bit from ultra to high. (The latest Assassin's Creed, Metro Exodus, etc.)

If you wanted to spend less, frankly the RX 580/590 are solid 1080p options. The 1660/ti are great as well.

The 3600 would be a better buy than a cooler and a 2600. 

Alright, thanks!