RGB Control (GPU)

vuise
Go to solution Solved by vuise,

so an update,

i prepared the wires, ready to perform the mod but thought why not continue try meddling with software for a bit before i take a part the gpu.

for me, i had to use an old version of Xtreme Engine. Specifically version 1.25 worked for me but changes only applies when i restarted the program. Really odd stuff.

Credits to a post on reddit, i would link back to the post i saw but i cant find the link (plus i'm lazy to back track my searches lol)

Hi everyone, i'm not sure where this should belong but i would like some advice

I am currently using a Gigabyte 1070 G1 gaming GPU, i think it's a rev 1 because there doesnt seem to be any RGB control and it's currently stuck on "rainbow mode" so it cycles through all the colours.

So the thing is, I now only want a static colour, red to be specific.

An idea i had is to take the pins from the rgb leds and extend it to my asus motherboard and use aura sync to control them from there. Any idea / knowledge whether this will work?

6 hours ago, vuise said:

Hi everyone, i'm not sure where this should belong but i would like some advice

I am currently using a Gigabyte 1070 G1 gaming GPU, i think it's a rev 1 because there doesnt seem to be any RGB control and it's currently stuck on "rainbow mode" so it cycles through all the colours.

So the thing is, I now only want a static colour, red to be specific.

An idea i had is to take the pins from the rgb leds and extend it to my asus motherboard and use aura sync to control them from there. Any idea / knowledge whether this will work?

Hello,

You need the RGB Fusion so you can set the color to static red :) 

2 hours ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

You need the RGB Fusion so you can set the color to static red :) 

hey,

i've tried using RGB Fusion but it tells me to use Xtreme Engine instead, and meanwhile on Xtreme engine there is no "LED" option that i see that allows me to change the rgb colours :(

2 minutes ago, vuise said:

hey,

i've tried using RGB Fusion but it tells me to use Xtreme Engine instead, and meanwhile on Xtreme engine there is no "LED" option that i see that allows me to change the rgb colours :(

I went into the support and it says Aorus Engine, try this one instead.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1070G1-GAMING-8GD-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

1 hour ago, Plouffe said:

I went into the support and it says Aorus Engine, try this one instead.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N1070G1-GAMING-8GD-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

i did try that one too :(

here are some screenshots https://imgur.com/a/Ql5EbbX

i've tried formatting and installing fresh windows and without updating anything, immediately install the programs and see if it could detect my GPU but no luck.

is taking apart the gpu cooler and using the leads from the RGB LEDs to hook them up to my asus motherboard to control them using aura sync instead not recommended? it seems like it's the only work around i can think of

31 minutes ago, vuise said:

here are some screenshots https://imgur.com/a/Ql5EbbX

Can't you click the little Led menu ? That's odd.

31 minutes ago, vuise said:

is taking apart the gpu cooler and using the leads from the RGB LEDs to hook them up to my asus motherboard to control them using aura sync instead not recommended? it seems like it's the only work around i can think of

It might work but it's outside of my expertise so I won't recommend nor inadvise this.

That won't work as you have an Asus motherboard which uses Aura Sync, and a Gigabyte gpu which uses RGB Fusion. So two different ecosystems.

You might be able to mod something. The video below claims to get a Gigabyte card working on an Asus board (Haven't watched the video myself). Not sure if it applies to your gpu as it is a waterforce card.

1 hour ago, Plouffe said:

Can't you click the little Led menu ? That's odd.

It might work but it's outside of my expertise so I won't recommend nor inadvise this.

yes it really is odd... you're talking about the non existent Led menu on the Xtreme Engine software right? 

I understand, but it does sound plausible right! Do you have any idea which pins are for the rgb? 

29 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

That won't work as you have an Asus motherboard which uses Aura Sync, and a Gigabyte gpu which uses RGB Fusion. So two different ecosystems.

You might be able to mod something. The video below claims to get a Gigabyte card working on an Asus board (Haven't watched the video myself). Not sure if it applies to your gpu as it is a waterforce card.

thanks for replying, but those are just the software / controller that controls the RGB colours. The video doesn't tell me anything tho but yes that is something similar that I want to achieve in the end. 

to my knowledge RGB LEDs have 4 pins, a - 12V / ground, one for R, G and B so they are technically universal with any controller?

so an update,

i prepared the wires, ready to perform the mod but thought why not continue try meddling with software for a bit before i take a part the gpu.

for me, i had to use an old version of Xtreme Engine. Specifically version 1.25 worked for me but changes only applies when i restarted the program. Really odd stuff.

Credits to a post on reddit, i would link back to the post i saw but i cant find the link (plus i'm lazy to back track my searches lol)