Are Razer mice unreliable?

Andretti2019

I got a Razer Abyssus about 1 year ago. Both clicks are almost dead. Double clicking instead of single clicking. Sometimes not clicking at all. Stops randomly from holding a click pressed. Dragging and dropping is almost impossible to do. I also had a Cougar Minos X1 I used for 2 years. A lot cheaper, only $20 compared to the $50 I paid for the Abyssus. Still works. After all that time there is an extremely faint hint that the left click is dying on the X1. That's it.

Have you had Razer mice break down so easily?

12 minutes ago, Andretti2019 said:

Have you had Razer mice break down so easily?

Can't speak about their mice, but I have a razer keyboard that went south is very short order (and I'm not a gamer, this wasn't from hard use)

I shy away from them these days.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Can't speak about their mice, but I have a razer keyboard that went south is very short order (and I'm not a gamer, this wasn't from hard use)

I shy away from them these days.

I have cheap Newmen keyboard which I have been using for the past...3 or 4 years? Still works almost as good as new. W can stop randomly when I am holding it down IF I am very gentle with it. Pressing it normally, no issues. I guess, avoid Razer from now on? Are they the Apple of gaming?

16 minutes ago, Andretti2019 said:

Are they the Apple of gaming?

IIRC they were one of the 1st companies to push the "gamer" tag, and given I paid nearly 100$ for the keyboard, I was sore unpleased it died so soon.

I have a corsair backlit keyboard and I'm very happy with it.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Their mice are known to fail a lot although you can claim warranty on them if you need to.  However, with the new Viper, I think they might be fixing their problems.  If you still have doubts, I would recommend getting something from Logitech, Zowie, Steelseries or Glorious.  I wouldn't recommend buying one of their keyboards.

I had my old razer deathadder for about 4 years before it broke. I put that thing through hell, the amount of times I hit it against the table and it didn't break was insane. I recently bought a new one and its about a year old now and it works perfectly fine.

My razer keyboard is coming to the end of its life and I've had it for about 2 years, but thats because I rage on games quite  a lot and keep on hitting it.

Razer headsets aren't exactly the best. I've had 3, all 3 have broken within a year. They are good quality but they break so easily its stupid. 

I had that issue back in 2009 when I got their first Naga. It started to happen about a year after I got it, slightly after the warranty expired. I wound up getting a new one that worked fine for many years. A few years ago I got the Naga Chroma. It had lighting issues with it and had to RMA twice to get one that didn't, but this one has been working fine for a few years. I'd agree that they have QC issues.

As far as keyboards go, I've owned two in the past 7 years or so and never had any issues with them. The first one I got still works fine (I gave it to a friend).

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. I got the Razer Naga Trinity (Great Mouse for CS:GO and RSS). However, it broke down after 5 months. The left clicking cost me so many fights do to completly random stuttering. Read online that the best thing to do at that point is to buy a new mouse. Fuck Razer.