New D'link router connected to Huawei modem puts out unstable signal with wired and wireless connection

Hello everyone!

I'm really desperate, because of our new router. So we got an older type (2016ish) D'link AS 1200 router and we thought we will expand our home network. We had a Huawei modem which our ISP sent us and set up. It has 4 slots, 1 was going to my pc and 3 to our set-top boxes, so we pulled out one of the set-up box's Ethernet cable and plugged in the Ethernet cable which came with the new router. I did the the set up via Firefox, a setup wizard help em through it. I taught everything is done and I can have a little rest now, but my father told me, that the TV (an LG smart TV) can't connect to the internet via Ethernet cable, it said something about DNS error. I Googled a bit and tried to set the TV's DNS default to 8.8.8.8. Maybe this is not even the correct solution, so if you can help me with this one I would be glad too. After all this came the worst realization, our connection was really bad. It was weak, but sometimes doesn't even worked. For example my father couldn't even connect to neither of the WiFi (because this router has a 2,4 GHz and a 5 GHz network) with his phone. I tried to find solution online, but no success. I way messing around with it for 3 hours, but I'm tired now and frustrated. Please someone help me, I'm really annoyed at the fact that I can't solve this problem.

I'm looking forward to your replies.

Matthew