New build not starting

Hi 

So I got a nice new job, and decided to treat myself to a new pc with a decent spec. I've built several pcs for myself in the past without issue.

All of the parts arrived I've put it together and it won't even turn on.

spec:

Ryzen 9 3900x

Aorus Elite x570

970 Evo 1TB ssd

650w psu

gigabyte radeon 5700 xt

Thermaltake floe ring 360 plus

Hyper x 16Gb 3600

Basically I've gone through every step here https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/perform-these-steps-before-posting-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

(check list of things to try)

yes I have the psu on,

I have cpu power plugged into the motherboard

I have the motherboard power connected

I have the cpu seated properly

AIO cooler plugged into cpu_opt

ram is seated properly

GPU seated properly 

both gpu power connectors connected

I'm lost as to what to try now.

Also, when I turn the psu on the motherboard flashes once, but pressing the power button does nothing , neither does jumping the power from the pins

PSU works fine in old pc

Any help would be very much appreciated.

So if you did all this, something is broken.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I had it on the motherboard box, decided to put it in the case to see if that made any difference.. it didn't, so currently it's in the case with everything hooked up.

Initially, I thought it was the motherboard, so I had it replaced.

Just now, Skipple said:

Did you ensure the RAM are in the correct orientation? Refer to the motherboard manual. 

Try just 1 DIMM first. 

I've tried one stick in each DIMM

19 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Did you ensure the RAM are in the correct orientation? Refer to the motherboard manual. 

Try just 1 DIMM first. 

I've tried one stick in each DIMM.

Also, I've read that this board should start without a cpu, I can't find a definitive yes or no on this. Just want to see if I can test if it's the CPU that's causing the issue.

3 minutes ago, JasonR89 said:

I've tried one stick in each DIMM.

Also, I've read that this board should start without a cpu, I can't find a definitive yes or no on this. Just want to see if I can test if it's the CPU that's causing the issue.

I don't know about the truning it on without a cpu bit, nothing much will happen I presume.

Try turning it on with as little as possible in it though, no gpu, 1 stick of ram and maybe pull out the Cmos battery and put it back in. If ypu have an other psu that you can try, do it.

So, one step further, I reseated the CPU, and it powers on now at least, but bios is not popping up. Any suggestions would be welcome. 

also

• The fans on the gpu are not spinning
    • the snazzy rbg lighting is however working as intended on the card.

I would say maybe bios flash. I know its an x570 and should be fine out of the box but a bios flash can really make a difference sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, ThicccBepis said:

I would say maybe bios flash. I know its an x570 and should be fine out of the box but a bios flash can really make a difference sometimes. 

I'm currently in the process of trying that, but since the monitor isn't turning on, I'm not sure what's happening if anything. 

Forgot about qflash+ trying that now.

Flashed the bios successfully, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect.  Any other suggestions ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok an update

I have now replaced the CPU, Motherboard and PSU. Working on replacing the ram.

I am running out of things to replace.

breadboarded, with just the cpu power 24 pin power gpu power (all connected properly) --having tried ram in each slot

And knowing that I have tried all of the above. Has anyone got any suggestions on what I can try? 

A friend of mine said he had a ryzen 3700 that was giving him similar problems, he said he couldn't post, but left it running for 30 minutes and it magically posted.. I haven't been so lucky.

At this point I wish someone could tell me that I'd just forgotten to plug something in.