Ryzen 5 3600 low 3DMark scores

lasogna

My CPU is getting 6,299 on Time Spy and 17,752 on Firestrike, but my Cinebench scores are normal (479 single, 3,411 CPU).

26 minutes ago, lasogna said:

My CPU is getting 6,299 on Time Spy and 17,752 on Firestrike, but my Cinebench scores are normal (479 single, 3,411 CPU).

What's your memory speeds?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

What's your memory speeds?

3,000 MHz, cl 16 dual channel. 

3 minutes ago, lasogna said:

3,000 MHz, cl 16 dual channel. 

I guess just try overclocking it to 4200-4300mhz depending on how lucky you get Probably don't want to pass 1.4V

also make sure your motherboard bios is up to date.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

I guess just try overclocking it to 4200-4300mhz depending on how lucky you get Probably don't want to pass 1.4V

also make sure your motherboard bios is up to date.

My BIOS is up to date. I have a Crucial Ballistix Sport kit. Buildzoid didnt get past 3600 with them. 

10 hours ago, lasogna said:

And what is the problem? I have the same CPU and get around 6800, which puts me right into the top places in Timespy for comparable hardware,  not every CPU is the same and that difference isn't that big either, still within average performance I suppose. My CPU is at stock settings BTW 

In any case your CPU score is normal - in my opinion - want better scores need to upgrade to 8 core or something I guess. 

Spoiler

IMG_20191112_084624.jpg.98bdbe7608f9de307d01b505fdb02aaf.jpg

PS: board is MSI B350M Mortar

But from the comparisons I did there really isn't a deciding difference in performance between boards,  it's all over the place lol.

PSS: your RAM is slower so that result makes even more sense, so yes you could try OC the RAM it might just give you a few more points there *shrug*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

And what is the problem? I have the same CPU and get around 6800, which puts me right into the top places in Timespy for comparable hardware,  not every CPU is the same and that difference isn't that big either, still within average performance I suppose. My CPU is at stock settings BTW 

In any case your CPU score is normal - in my opinion - want better scores need to upgrade to 8 core or something I guess. 

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20191112_084624.jpg.98bdbe7608f9de307d01b505fdb02aaf.jpg

PS: board is MSI B350M Mortar

But from the comparisons I did there really isn't a deciding difference in performance between boards,  it's all over the place lol.

PSS: your RAM is slower so that result makes even more sense, so yes you could try OC the RAM it might just give you a few more points there *shrug*

The problem is I can't even get 60 FPS on high settings at 1080p with a R5 3600 paired with an RX 5700.

1 hour ago, lasogna said:

The problem is I can't even get 60 FPS on high settings at 1080p with a R5 3600 paired with an RX 5700.

Well ok,  that *is* a problem,  that result still isn't too bad or abnormal and the 3600 is pretty strong either way.

Could also be the GPU not doing what it's supposed to. 

Which games are you having issues with? 

PS: please post 3D Mark result screens,  everything,  CPU,  GPU,  RAM,  clocks  , etc,  maybe there's something hinting at issues...

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

7 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Well ok,  that *is* a problem,  that result still isn't too bad or abnormal and the 3600 is pretty strong either way.

Could also be the GPU not doing what it's supposed to. 

Which games are you having issues with? 

PS: please post 3D Mark result screens,  everything,  CPU,  GPU,  RAM,  clocks  , etc,  maybe there's something hinting at issues...

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/9209679

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20917753

GTA, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Rainbow Six Siege. Those are the three games that I have with built-in benchmarks. 

1 hour ago, lasogna said:

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/9209679

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/20917753

GTA, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Rainbow Six Siege. Those are the three games that I have with built-in benchmarks. 

Ok I see the results are on the lower side,  but still not "bad". Honestly that was the same for me in 3DMark, average to  low results,  which is probably good as it means there are no major issues with the hardware most likely. I only got *much* better results once I OC my GPU to absurd levels haha (well for my perception anyways) 

You have to consider most people who do these tests will be overclocking the shit out of their hardware so being at the lower side with stock settings isn't surprising at all.

As for those games, I don't play them and I don't know how demanding they are,  I think I read Ghost Recon to be very demanding though? In which case you could try lower settings or OC your GPU,  and maybe RAM too, assuming you're not CPU bound. 

It looks all normal to me honestly? 

For example the best scores have ~2200 core clock, of course they'll have better results! 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ok I see the results are on the lower side,  but still not "bad". Honestly that was the same for me in 3DMark, average to  low results,  which is probably good as it means there are no major issues with the hardware most likely. I only got *much* better results once I OC my GPU to absurd levels haha (well for my perception anyways) 

You have to consider most people who do these tests will be overclocking the shit out of their hardware so being at the lower side with stock settings isn't surprising at all.

As for those games, I don't play them and I don't know how demanding they are,  I think I read Ghost Recon to be very demanding though? In which case you could try lower settings or OC your GPU,  and maybe RAM too, assuming you're not CPU bound. 

It looks all normal to me honestly? 

Not really. R5 3600+RX 5700 benchmarks on Youtube show much more FPS. Also not getting nearly enough FPS according to GPUcheck. 

Here's the top score for comparison 

IMG_20191113_031437.thumb.jpg.b88615bddee1abe4a346c350a79265eb.jpg

Not only did he OC his card to 2200, he also somehow managed to get the CPU to 4.4!  

(also seems water-cooled) 

15 minutes ago, lasogna said:

Also not getting nearly enough FPS according to GPUcheck. 

Well maybe something is wrong with your settings, drivers,  etc,  but your benchmark scores still look normal to me. 

Are you sure you're not comparing with OC hardware?  

Also maybe you're using different settings in games,  small things like volumetric lighting for example can have a huge impact. 

Also keep in mind this test values GPU a lot more than CPU,  so I'd really look into that as you won't get the CPU to 4.4 anyways haha ;)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Here's the top score for comparison 

IMG_20191113_031437.thumb.jpg.b88615bddee1abe4a346c350a79265eb.jpg

Not only did he OC his card to 2200, he also somehow managed to get the CPU to 4.4!  

(also seems water-cooled) 

Well maybe something is wrong with your settings, drivers,  etc,  but your benchmark scores still look normal to me. 

Are you sure you're not comparing with OC hardware?  

Also maybe you're using different settings in games,  small things like volumetric lighting for example can have a huge impact. 

Also keep in mind this test values GPU a lot more than CPU,  so I'd really look into that as you won't get the CPU to 4.4 anyways haha ;)

Hmm you're right. I got thrown off by the 28,964 shown here https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/cpu/AMD+Ryzen+5+3600/review?_ga=2.244659148.893929035.1573604769-668101317.1573458000. Guess it's not hardware related.