What are some good cheap 144hz 1080p monitors?

Neymus

I'm currently looking for a 144hz for my future build, and I don't know what monitor should I get, or even if I should buy a 60hz monitor for my budget (200$), it also has to be G-sync compatible, so what do you think I should get?

Country?  Prices vary by region and currency so that can play a factor.

As for which one, "good" depends on your priorities.  Do you want the best motion possible at any expense (ie, ugly), or do you want great colours too, by sacrificing some motion clarity (and maybe increasing price also)?

As for G-sync compatible, do you want to use true Gsync or will a freesync monitor do?  They can vary quite a bit in price.

Size matter too.  24"?  27"?  More, or less?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=192001080&D=144000,240000&sort=price&page=1

You can get into 1080p 144 Hz for $99 apparently in the US right now, but depending on your other needs that will come up, potentially into the $300+ range.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Hm, my priorities would be motion clarity, freesync but g-sync compatible and 24". Also I'm french, and if the monitors at that price are trash then I guess I'll take a good 60hz monitor, wait until I get some money and then buy a good 144hz.

35 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Country?  Prices vary by region and currency so that can play a factor.

As for which one, "good" depends on your priorities.  Do you want the best motion possible at any expense (ie, ugly), or do you want great colours too, by sacrificing some motion clarity (and maybe increasing price also)?

As for G-sync compatible, do you want to use true Gsync or will a freesync monitor do?  They can vary quite a bit in price.

Size matter too.  24"?  27"?  More, or less?

https://pcpartpicker.com/products/monitor/#r=192001080&D=144000,240000&sort=price&page=1

You can get into 1080p 144 Hz for $99 apparently in the US right now, but depending on your other needs that will come up, potentially into the $300+ range.

Hey Ryan my friend so g-sync without the phsical hardware device inside the monitor is pretty much boolshit sync uh ?  I just updated firmware on my TV and now it supports g-sync.  Is it really worth the extra 300 to 400 for it to be true g-sync hardware in monitor ?  I mean is it really a big diference as I have not played with g-sync alot I updated my my TV to g-ysnc compatible.   Is there a difference between this adaptive sync compared to true G-sync.  I mean is it really forth 300 to 400 more.  Will I see a difference and a noticable one at that and be happy I spend 700 bones compraed to 400 bones ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

10 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Hey Ryan my friend so g-sync without the phsical hardware device inside the monitor is pretty much boolshit sync uh ?  I just updated firmware on my TV and now it supports g-sync.  Is it really worth the extra 300 to 400 for it to be true g-sync hardware in monitor ?  I mean is it really a big diference as I have not played with g-sync alot I updated my my TV to g-ysnc compatible.   Is there a difference between this adaptive sync compared to true G-sync.  I mean is it really forth 300 to 400 more.  Will I see a difference and a noticable one at that and be happy I spend 700 bones compraed to 400 bones ?

They made a video on the differences here:

Whether they are worth the cost is up to you.  I suppose to get the most informed opinion, it would be good to experience both in a store back to back.  I'd like to do that myself but have not had the opportunity.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.