Red Dead Redemption 2 PC

Ayush007
11 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

That's great. Even though V core is on auto, see if you can check what number it's actually at.

If both 4.0 and 4.1 have equal temp, that's a good thing. Go with the higher number. To check stability, simply play games. Play RDR2 for like 45 minutes. Write down the temps like every 10-15 minutes, be sure to write down the max temps as well. Make sure to show CPU clock speed to make sure it's indeed hitting that 4.1 GHz. If it performs nicely, then you're stable. Write down anything you notice visually out of the ordinary too.

I'd like to know the temps myself, so if you can post them afterwards, I can give you more incite.

Yea sure I will do it , but before tht I don’t know the reason that

1. when I set Vcore to 1.1 or 1.2 v , temp touch to 88 or 90 but when I set it to auto  then  temp remain normal why?????

Secondly when I touch bios I change cpu clock ratio n disable turbo , I hope tht much is enough  or should I touch non turbo cpu core too?

Edited by Ayush007

11 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Yea sure I will do it , but before tht I don’t know the reason that. 1. when I set Vcore to 1.1 or 1.2 v , temp touch to 88 or 90 but when I set it to auto  then  temp remain normal why?????

More voltage = More heat. Auto voltage is, I'm guessing, less than 1.1 or 1.2. Which is why I stated above to check what number the voltage is when set to auto.

Secondly when I touch bios I change cpu clock ratio n disable turbo , I hope tht much is enough  or should I touch non turbo cpu core too?

Not sure what you mean here. When turbo is disabled, whatever you set V core to is what the V core will be. Isn't the non turbo cpu core, the cpu clock ratio?

EDIT: When you set the CPU clock ratio to ??(you're trying out 41), and the V core to auto, you have to test whether the auto V core is enough or not(as shown in the video). If it's not enough(your PC won't boot or stably play games or function correctly when doing that stress test), that is when you have to change the V core from auto to something higher than what the auto is.

8 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

More voltage = More heat. Auto voltage is, I'm guessing, less than 1.1 or 1.2. Which is why I stated above to check what number the voltage is when set to auto.

Not sure what you mean here. When turbo is disabled, whatever you set V core to is what the V core will be. Isn't the non turbo cpu core, the cpu clock ratio?

Hahah,Well actually when I do stress testing , under non turbo cpu core frequency it shows 3.30 but in Active core1 to 10 it show 40 MHz or 41 MHz , so I thought I haven’t overclocked it properly 

Bdw my auto V core- 0.9 something or 1.02

Edited by Ayush007

2 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Hahah,Well actually when I do stress testing , under non turbo cpu core frequency it shows 3.30 but in Active core1 to 10 it show 4.40 or whtever I have overclocked so I thought tht I haven’t overclocked properly .Bdw my auto V core- 0.9 something or 1.02

Hahah,Well actually when I do stress testing , under non turbo cpu core frequency it shows 3.30 but in Active core1 to 10 it show 4.40 or whtever I have overclocked so I thought there can be an option in bios for tht. Bdw my auto V core- 0.9 something or 1.02

I see. I'd guess that when using auto V core and changing the CPU clock speed, your auto V core changes automatically? Try checking the auto V core to see this(as the guy in the video does every time).

If the V core number stays the same on auto, when changing from 39 to 40 to 41 to 42, then I would guess you will eventually need to manually set that V core a little higher than that auto setting since it is staying at the 0.9 or 1.02 that you see it at.

I would think that the 0.9 or 1.02 may not be enough for 4.1-4.4. Of course I cannot know this because I am not the one doing this overclocking process. This is what you are doing and have to test for yourself. As shown in the video. This is a process.

If when you manually adjust the CPU clock speed higher and higher and your auto V core setting actually changes(raises) with it, this is a good thing. This should indicate that your PC is automatically adjusting the voltage as you change(raise) the CPU clock speed.

Regardless, always check both things and never do anything drastic with either one. Don't raise things to like 1.5 volts and 4.7 GHz. Always monitor temps. Watch multiple people doing this. See where they stay near. Research and develop the process and all is well.

23 minutes ago, Ayush007 said:

Bdw my auto V core- 0.9 something or 1.02

I just realized your CPU is literally 10 cores and 20 threads. That's insane. If I were you, I'd try to keep voltage in the 1.2 to 1.25 range MAX and see how much clock speed you can get with it. And if I had to guess, you're going to need to do a LOT of other things in that BIOS if you want to achieve really high overclocking further than say, 4.3-4.5 GHz. Which also has a LOT to do with RAM.

25 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

I just realized your CPU is literally 10 cores and 20 threads. That's insane. If I were you, I'd try to keep voltage in the 1.2 to 1.25 range MAX and see how much clock speed you can get with it. And if I had to guess, you're going to need to do a LOT of other things in that BIOS if you want to achieve really high overclocking further than say, 4.3-4.5 GHz. Which also has a LOT to do with RAM.

Actually it is , i9 7900x see I told u , u have quite depth knowledge about PC stuff, quite informative n genius ?????????????

ppl like u in   Linus tech forum are really helpful for beginners like me

what if I only need 4.1 or 4.0 cpu frequency , then also I need to change something more 

if it is then what should I change ??

Bdw when I change Vcore settings my temp are more then 75.C like 80 or 90 thts why I don’t go for it.

5 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

what if I only need 4.1 or 4.0 cpu frequency , then also I need to change something more 

if it is then what should I change ??

Nothing right now. Until Windows doesn't boot or you get a blue/black screen, you can continue to try 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and so on, if you so choose.

5 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Bdw when I change Vcore settings my temp are more then 75.C like 80 or 90 thts why I don’t go for it.

Even the tiniest, subtle raises in voltage are going to make your temp go up. If 1.2-1.25 is too high and auto works for you, it might be best to stick with auto.

Just make sure to write down what works, so you can always revert back to it. A positive is that you are getting stable setups. Meaning that your system is up and running when raising that clock speed and raising that voltage. That's a very good thing. You don't even have to mess with voltage(keeping it on auto) if every time you raise that clock speed your system is up and running and allowing you to play games.

Again, to check what auto is doing, look at what your voltage is at on auto when going from 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2 and so on. See if your voltage is automatically raising itself. See if you get three different auto voltage numbers on 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 clock speeds. If it is raising itself on auto, then there's most likely no reason to mess with voltage. At least until, like I mentioned, going past certain higher clock speeds.

It seems you've achieved 4.1 on auto. If my math is any good, that's around a 5% overclock so you should see around a 5%(give or take of course) increase in performance. In order to achieve around a 10% overclock, you need to achieve 4.3 GHz. Which would be around a 10%(give or take) increase in performance.

Now when I say 5-10% overclock and 5-10% increase in performance, this will also vary from game to game. In one game, you might not see much of an increase in performance at all but in another you might see the 5-10%(give or take) increase in performance. So maybe instead of 120 fps in one game, with the overclock you'd get 126-132 fps in that game. But in another game you might get 120 fps but only 122 fps with the overclock. Or maybe you get 180 fps in one game and with the overclock you get just over 200 fps. The game you run plays a pretty big role in the amount of performance you gain in an overclock.

I personally think you can achieve 4.4 GHz with everything else set to auto. Hopefully when doing so your voltage is somewhere between 1.050 and 1.250. If it's not, you may have to adjust it to be in order for Windows to boot and all other stress tests to work for longer periods of time in order for your overclock to be stable.

Remember, as long as your temps are kept under 80 degrees during an overclock process, all is well because it's not running hot, it's running warm. It's designed to run hot. Warm is safe.

I just found a video that might help explain things a little better. Watch the whole thing and I think you'll be able to get some good results.

I highly recommend to not go as high as he does. But you never know what you can achieve without trying. Do as you feel and at your own risk. And try your best to listen to everything he says. It's very valuable information.

8 hours ago, Intransigent said:

Nothing right now. Until Windows doesn't boot or you get a blue/black screen, you can continue to try 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and so on, if you so choose.

Even the tiniest, subtle raises in voltage are going to make your temp go up. If 1.2-1.25 is too high and auto works for you, it might be best to stick with auto.

Just make sure to write down what works, so you can always revert back to it. A positive is that you are getting stable setups. Meaning that your system is up and running when raising that clock speed and raising that voltage. That's a very good thing. You don't even have to mess with voltage(keeping it on auto) if every time you raise that clock speed your system is up and running and allowing you to play games.

Again, to check what auto is doing, look at what your voltage is at on auto when going from 4.0 to 4.1 to 4.2 and so on. See if your voltage is automatically raising itself. See if you get three different auto voltage numbers on 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2 clock speeds. If it is raising itself on auto, then there's most likely no reason to mess with voltage. At least until, like I mentioned, going past certain higher clock speeds.

It seems you've achieved 4.1 on auto. If my math is any good, that's around a 5% overclock so you should see around a 5%(give or take of course) increase in performance. In order to achieve around a 10% overclock, you need to achieve 4.3 GHz. Which would be around a 10%(give or take) increase in performance.

Now when I say 5-10% overclock and 5-10% increase in performance, this will also vary from game to game. In one game, you might not see much of an increase in performance at all but in another you might see the 5-10%(give or take) increase in performance. So maybe instead of 120 fps in one game, with the overclock you'd get 126-132 fps in that game. But in another game you might get 120 fps but only 122 fps with the overclock. Or maybe you get 180 fps in one game and with the overclock you get just over 200 fps. The game you run plays a pretty big role in the amount of performance you gain in an overclock.

I personally think you can achieve 4.4 GHz with everything else set to auto. Hopefully when doing so your voltage is somewhere between 1.050 and 1.250. If it's not, you may have to adjust it to be in order for Windows to boot and all other stress tests to work for longer periods of time in order for your overclock to be stable.

Remember, as long as your temps are kept under 80 degrees during an overclock process, all is well because it's not running hot, it's running warm. It's designed to run hot. Warm is safe.

I just found a video that might help explain things a little better. Watch the whole thing and I think you'll be able to get some good results.

I highly recommend to not go as high as he does. But you never know what you can achieve without trying. Do as you feel and at your own risk. And try your best to listen to everything he says. It's very valuable information.

Thanqu so much for taking so much pain for me , I appreciate it , people like you are very rare , despite of having problems in your life , you still try to solve my problem ?????????????????????

Bdw have u heard about OC GENIE 

GOOD for overclocking ??

8 hours ago, Ayush007 said:

Bdw have u heard about OC GENIE GOOD for overclocking ??

I've never heard of it but I'd imagine it isn't as best as overclocking manually. You'd still have to do multiple stress tests afterwards. Doesn't hurt to try it out though if people claim it to be any good.