Multiple OS Installers in one disk

AmateurPCGuy

I'm planning to utilize a 32GB USB drive for having multiple installers of OS and other utilities. The plan is to use either Grub4DOS or YUMI to put in the following:

• Windows 10 x64 on MBR (my rationale for this is for old systems that do not support GPT but is good enough to have Windows installed)
  • Windows 10 x64 on GPT
  • Ubuntu Live Disk
  • MemTest86
  • Clonezilla
  • Maybe Hiren's Boot Drive thingy, if permitted.

Now, I'm certain that they'll work fine, but my problem is in the 2 iterations of Windows 10. Do I even need both of those instances or I just need to have the GPT variant and let Grub4DOS/YUMI handle it booting on an non-UEFI system?

Yeah, you couldn't have both MBR and GPT without a bootloader anyway and since Microsofts loader for Windows only boots Windows you'd have to use a third party solution.

Might I recommend Clover, it supports all OSes included macOS but has a much nicer interface than Grub4DOS. Plus it's fully skinnable and highly modifiable.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 minutes ago, AmateurPCGuy said:

I'm planning to utilize a 32GB USB drive for having multiple installers of OS and other utilities. The plan is to use either Grub4DOS or YUMI to put in the following:

• Windows 10 x64 on MBR (my rationale for this is for old systems that do not support GPT but is good enough to have Windows installed)
  • Windows 10 x64 on GPT
  • Ubuntu Live Disk
  • MemTest86
  • Clonezilla
  • Maybe Hiren's Boot Drive thingy, if permitted.

Now, I'm certain that they'll work fine, but my problem is in the 2 iterations of Windows 10. Do I even need both of those instances or I just need to have the GPT variant and let Grub4DOS/YUMI handle it booting on an non-UEFI system?

Not 100% sure about this, but im pretty sure if you can get into Grub4Dos or yumi, it should be able to boot to whatever, and you might not need gpt

also,  w h y

i like trains 🙂

Here is a tool I used.  I bought a 128GB USB and have a BUNCH of ISOs on it.

https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

The tool allows you to add and remove ISOs at will.  Want to add a ISO after a week, no problem.  Need to remove one, go for it. Simple to use.

CPU: Intel Core i3 4150 3.5GHz Socket 1150 GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 760 OC RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5