Review : Ocz Vector

loepa

So, A couple months ago I bought OCZ Vector 128 GB. So i thought why don't i do a review after my experience with this drive as my main drive in my PC (OS and other important data).

Please do enjoy and I don't mind critics.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Physical Look, Packaging and Color Scheme 

First of all, i love things with minimalist looks. and this SSD looks good with blue color scheme system. But of course this won't be a problem in a windowsless system. What about competitors look?? well this is my first SSD, But by looking at pictures of other competitor, there are better looking SSD to be honest.

The packaging itself is pretty simple and the included accessory is not bad at all.

These are the things that are included

-The Drive itself

-Documentation (Manual)

-Screws

-A 3.5 inch to a 2.5 inch drive tray

-OCZ sticker

And also you get free far cry 3 too.

As expected this SSD has an amazing finish. Not Ghetto finish like on some other SSD (not saying any names).

seQQOLbh.jpg

QboYmx0h.jpg797A0SVh.jpg

Installing on A System

I'm using CM storm Enforcer as my case and let's be honest it is not my best experience installing this drive. Not because this SSD has a bad mounting system. It's rather my fault. I put it the wrong way around and spent my time looking for missing screw. Also I don't understand how to use the provided bracket in my system.

But overall if you have better mechanic and better mounting system in your case this wouldn't be a problem at all.

Performance and Reliability

How does this thing performs? Just like what Linus say about SSD. The difference in booting time between this SSD and my hard drive is crazy. My SSD would be ready to use in 20-30 seconds after I press the power button. In the other hand my hard drive took about 3-4 minutes between the moment i press the power button and ready to use condition (what I mean by ready to use is i got into windows and all my startup program, gadget are running and my processor is stable in usage).

Also I noticed huge speed improvement in installing windows (using usb in my case), Opening programs (installed in my ssd), also in copying data and perhaps many other improvement that I don't realize.

What about Reliability? I'ts been running smoothly except when i accidentally hit the SATA cable (not as bad as what Linus did to the forum server a few moths ago) then get blue screen while loading windows And also there is this one incident where suddenly it takes     2 minutes for the SSD to be ready to use (tried restarting PC, turning on/off TRIM, changing SATA 3 ports) where in the end i tried re installing windows and it fixed it.

Conclusion

How does this drive stands?

This is one of the most satisfying product i had in recent years. Love the long warranty and the finish. But kinda lack on the price which is  slightly more than other competitor.

Does this drive worth the money?

Yes, But please do remind yourself that some competitor product may have similar performance and cheaper price. But the decision is still yours

pros:

-Great performance

-Looks great in blue color scheme system

-Nice included accessory

-Great finish

-5 Year Warranty

cons:

-More expensive than other competitor with the same capacity and similar performance

-Had some problem while installing it (maybe just my fault, don't take this into account)

-Had some problem in early days of having it (The SATA cable is my fault)

Note: this review is made based on my experience with this drive

Note: the reason I get this drive and not the other drive because Samsung SSD, Crucial SSD and many other SSD is not available in my country.

Credit to user Aadi for reminding me about the far cry 3 bundle

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

So would you say it's worth the money? I'm either getting this or a Samsung (250GB variant)

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

So, A couple months ago I bought OCZ Vector 128 GB. So i thought why don't i do a review after my experience with this drive as my main drive in my PC (OS and other important data).

Please do enjoy and I don't mind critics.

Any comment would be appreciated.

Post a product picture + atto benches would've been nice :)

So would you say it's worth the money? I'm either getting this or a Samsung (250GB variant)

I have OCZ Vector and Samsung 840 Pro both 128GB in my home and work laptop. 

Haven't seen any noticeable difference between the two, go for which ever one is cheaper.

Yes it worth the money. But since the performance difference with other will be minimal get the cheaper one

Post a product picture + atto benches would've been nice  :)

I will Post some physical product and packaging picture after this. will do the atto bench afterwards

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

In most reviews the Vector comes inn a little bit better at high speeds than the Samsung 840 Pro series, but not so much its noticeable in normal use :) 

One of the strong points of the Vector is very good random read/write speed. 

Thanks for the insight; really wanted to know the reliability of the Vector.

System: i5-2500k, Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, R9 290X, CoolerMaster Elite 430, OCZ Vector, Corsair RM650, Dell U2412M, Corsair H60, Sidewinder X6, M6880, Asus Xonar DG      
Steam username: Armorhype          Origin username: Armorhype          Xbox Live Gamertag: Armorhype                   

Don't forget that with an OCZ vector you get a copy of Far Cry 3

The best way to predict the future is to invent it

Don't forget that with an OCZ vector you get a copy of Far Cry 3

Oh yeah i forgot to add that to... Thanks dude