1.41v Auto Voltage on i7 9700 (non K)?

Hi, 

I have i7 9700 non k, BCLK @102.7, 8 cores running @4.52ghz to 4.62ghz depending on the game. 

i noticed that the CPU is pulling 1.35v upto 1.41v and 115 watts on intensive CPU gaming, LLC is set to 7 (max) other related voltage settings on Asus ai suite is on maximum as well. 

is this voltage ok? also temps are at 70s, rarely reaching 80c, is this normal too? its on AIO. 

my board is asus prime z390m

thanks

Just now, Khader87 said:

other related voltage settings on Asus ai suite is on maximum as well

1,25-1,3 V should be enough for 4,6GHz. On Asus, LLC level 5 usually allows to remove vdroop without any overshoot.

Why do you set voltage settings to maximum?

21 minutes ago, 1van said:

1,25-1,3 V should be enough for 4,6GHz. On Asus, LLC level 5 usually allows to remove vdroop without any overshoot.

Why do you set voltage settings to maximum?

to get the most out of the CPU

Eh? It is a non-K CPU, by ramping up the voltages you'll only get the most heat out of it.

Try setting Vcore manually in the UEFI to 1.25 V and LLC to level 5. If your RAM is overclocked, make sure to set the Vccsa and Vccio manually, 1.2 V (or less) for each is normally OK for anything lower than 4000 MHz.

• 3 years later...
On 10/30/2019 at 12:45 AM, 1van said:

Eh? It is a non-K CPU, by ramping up the voltages you'll only get the most heat out of it.

Try setting Vcore manually in the UEFI to 1.25 V and LLC to level 5. If your RAM is overclocked, make sure to set the Vccsa and Vccio manually, 1.2 V (or less) for each is normally OK for anything lower than 4000 MHz.

This is wrong, I was not getting over 3.4ghz on all cores maximum usage. I downloaded XTU (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility) Software and set turbo boost max to 170 watt and cache ICC max to 160. now I am getting all core max usage 4.4ghz by using alomst 148 watts and 1.399/1.400/1.404 core voltage(this only when I checked for CPU throtiling by using FurMark's CPU Burner to cap CPU and Unigiene Heaven both running together). Normally in game, it uses 70-98 watts depending on the game situation @4.4ghz(it used to get dropped to 3.8/3.9Ghz before). I set my CPU load line calibration to 4( where level 1 is the highest).