Screen yellowing on smartphone.

Pasgui

Recently bought a Motorola G6 Plus, a budget smartphone from 2018, brand new and it came with a slight display defect where the bottom edge has a yellow tint to it. I understand it's from the LOCA glue deteriorating from age since it has stayed in some wear house for a year or so. It's a pain in the ass to get it RMA'd and I was wondering if I could fix it externally? I have a UV light and have tried it on my display and they pushing the edges with a pencil to try and push the LCD layers together but the come loose again. Any suggestions? 

As far as I know, the bonding process between the digitizer and glass touch surface is not one you can replicate at home. If the glass is separating from the digitizer it's possible that you will lose areas of responsiveness on your screen. I would seek an RMA in that case.

7 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

As far as I know, the bonding process between the digitizer and glass touch surface is not one you can replicate at home. If the glass is separating from the digitizer it's possible that you will lose areas of responsiveness on your screen. I would seek an RMA in that case.

No, it's responsive, it's just... Yellow, and disgusting. It's almost unnoticeable, but once you realise it's there you can't unsee it. 

I honestly fear that if I send it back they'll just give me another phone with se same issue or worse.