Custom Water Cooled PC - SPEED BUILD

CPotter

Just because it's a speed build doesn't mean you can post the video so fast that it's still restricted 

ok nvm it's not restricted anymore 

Edited by Shreyas1

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

2 hours ago, CPotter said:

Yall gotta get some cheap RGB fans in for review from ebay/aliexpress

can get them for $5 or less there, since brand name fans are way too expensive IMO.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

image.png.fdeb9d5cc233e33664c9cb6fac6d51c9.png

That kink eek

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

C'mon guys, this port side up because it's easier for water to push the bubbles? C'mon guys, you know that's kinda not true. I thought I clicked on The Verge by accident, I was expecting better from you.

It depends on the layout of your rad, but most rads on the market use the layout of the rad you have. From the in-port half of the tubes go one way, there's another reservoir on the other side and then the other half of the tubes go back to the out-port. Because air is lighter then water it naturally wants to travel up, if the closed reservoir on the other end would be at the top an air bubble would get trapped there.

But there are other layouts which wouldn't have this problem and it wouldn't matter what way the rad is positioned. Usually the air will travel along with the water unless there's an area where the volume is much bigger then the volume of the gas. If you have a rad which uses a single tube which snakes around then the air would be pushed out no matter how it's positioned.

This is a tech channel so it wouldn't hurt if you guys put a little bit more thought in the wording so it's explained a bit better. The rule of thumb is okay and it is true in this case, but that doesn't say it's true in all cases. I think it would be better if you would explain it to your audience instead of making people dumb with a rule of thumb.

I would've said something along the lines of: "Now remember, there is small area on the closed side of this rad where an air bubble can get trapped. So it's better if you would put the port side up so the bubble can rise to the top naturally and get pushed out".

Using plain water... because you DIDN'T HAVE A BUCK to grab a gallon of proper distilled water???

Never EVER use tap water, even for flushing. It's fine to take a block apart and run it under the faucet to get the gunk out, but I run it through pure distilled at the end thoroughly to clean out the nastiness that tap water has in it.

Likewise when in use you want to add some kind of additive to the distilled water otherwise you will quickly have growth building up in a system. You might not see it but it starts to accumulate immediately, and after a few days can ruin your blocks.

This idea of building a custom loop fast is totally silly given the fact that you didn't even flush the blocks before installing them to clean out the residue left behind from the manufacturing process. The same with the radiators. You also didn't care to place paper towels around the fittings in case you did get a leak while filling your loop.

If you really don't have that much TIME to build then pony the cash to have somebody else to do it properly for you. What's the point of investing in all those parts only to then do a half-assed rush job?

Custom water cooling IS NOT about speed - it's about doing it carefully and doing it right the first time so that you don't have a mess on your hands or need to take it apart later to fix your snafu.

On 10/27/2019 at 4:42 PM, Luscious said:

Using plain water... because you DIDN'T HAVE A BUCK to grab a gallon of proper distilled water???

Never EVER use tap water, even for flushing. It's fine to take a block apart and run it under the faucet to get the gunk out, but I run it through pure distilled at the end thoroughly to clean out the nastiness that tap water has in it.

Likewise when in use you want to add some kind of additive to the distilled water otherwise you will quickly have growth building up in a system. You might not see it but it starts to accumulate immediately, and after a few days can ruin your blocks.

Why are you flaming? They put that disclaimer in the video...