*HELP!* New RAM, Mobo, Windows Stuck On Auto Repair Loop

Go to solution Solved by Xiee,

It sounds like you might have a bad stick of RAM. You said memtest locks up when it runs? That might sound about right.

Do you still have your old stick of RAM?  Have you tried testing it on the new motherboard?

Hi everyone,

I am in desperate need of help. I got some new RAM and a new mobo and now my Windows 10 install appears to have corrupted itself (again). :( I have gone through all my motherboard settings (Fast Boot, UEFI vs Legacy, etc.). My RAM is fully detected, installed properly, and functional. I have tried to boot from a recovery USB (still freezes). MemTest86 completely locks up when running. I am really at my wit's end as to what to do short of wiping my drive and starting fresh. Would any of you fine people have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Honestly, if I just need to wipe the drive and start fresh I will do that. I just need to know if I'm overlooking something here. Here's what I'm working with:

Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

CPU: i9 9900K

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2400 MHz

GPU: GTX 1070

PSU: Seasonic Platinum

OS Drive: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro

It sounds like you might have a bad stick of RAM. You said memtest locks up when it runs? That might sound about right.

Do you still have your old stick of RAM?  Have you tried testing it on the new motherboard?

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

The new RAM might be fine. Have you tried XMP or setting your speed/timing manually in your BIOS?

6 minutes ago, Xiee said:

Unfortunately I do not have them but I recently sold them to my cousin so I might be able to borrow them. Both new sticks are fully recognized by my BIOS as they are 16GB each. Also, if my PC tries to boot to my OS drive I get the eternal "starting automatic repair" which is what led me to think it is an OS issue. Should I try booting with just one stick and see?

11 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

The new RAM might be fine. Have you tried XMP or setting your speed/timing manually in your BIOS?

Try what Ehmc130 suggested if you haven't done it yet. 

And yes, try booting with one stick to see what happens.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

To get out of that boot loop: While your PC is booting and you see the loop start, hold the power button, doing this two more times should bring up your boot options menu. From there enable safe boot. That should at least get you back into Windows until you diagnose the issue. 

Well I'll be damned.... I checked each of the individual sticks and turns out one is most definitely faulty. Put the other one in the proper slot and now my PC is booting and functioning as though nothing happened. Thanks all for the quick assistance.