running two monitors needs the same hetz. does VR aswell?

Mustangmike75

when i hook up to different size monitors too two hdmi it doesnt work. so will I need anything special  to run a 49 inch display and a vavle index. how will that affect the 90 hz or 120 hz 144hz? Im running a asus overclocked 1660ti  two display ports and two hdmi. and it works perfect with to of the same monitors.. options. Thank You

You definitely do not need the same refresh rate on multiple monitors.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, Slottr said:

You definitely do not need the same refresh rate on multiple monitors.

Actually Nvidia drivers have a lot of issues with different refresh rate monitors, the issues are pretty specific but I have had a ton of issues with my 60Hz and 144Hz monitors side by side.

Although when it comes to a VR headset it can handle being separate without framerate issues from monitors

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I recently saw a thread where someone was having issues getting their secondary screen to actually run at what it said instead of just matching the primary, and it was solved by switching the faster one to be primary.  Might be relevant here?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Actually Nvidia drivers have a lot of issues with different refresh rate monitors, the issues are pretty specific but I have had a ton of issues with my 60Hz and 144Hz monitors side by side.

Although when it comes to a VR headset it can handle being separate without framerate issues from monitors

Hm. News to me! I've had a fair amount of luck I guess with combinations.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

My primary monitor is 144hz and my secondary is 60hz, same as you. I'm curious what you had issues with as my setup is running perfectly fine.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I recently saw a thread where someone was having issues getting their secondary screen to actually run at what it said instead of just matching the primary, and it was solved by switching the faster one to be primary.  Might be relevant here?

I wonder if that's why it's working perfectly fine for me. 

21 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

I'm curious what you had issues with as my setup is running perfectly fine

It's very fickle. Sometimes it's perfect and sometimes anything on the 60Hz display knocks the 144Hz display all the way down to 30Hz. Never happens with AMD cards curiously, it has to do with hardware acceleration on Nvidia GPUs. Had to look into it a while back so I could watch YouTube while gaming otherwise my framerate was ass, loads of other people have had the issue.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

It's very fickle. Sometimes it's perfect and sometimes anything on the 60Hz display knocks the 144Hz display all the way down to 30Hz. Never happens with AMD cards curiously, it has to do with hardware acceleration on Nvidia GPUs. Had to look into it a while back so I could watch YouTube while gaming otherwise my framerate was ass, loads of other people have had the issue.

That reminds me of some odd behaviour I have noticed on high refresh rate displays before, even without the multi-monitor factor.  Sometimes hovering the cursor over some parts of the screen will make it run at like what I can only guess is ~15 FPS, while others are clearly working at 120+.  I've even seen it before where the cursor will move at the low rate but other things, even under the cursor were fast (or was it the other way around?)  Either way, very strange.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.