144hz now showing up

TylerLovekeeper
Go to solution Solved by TylerLovekeeper,
1 hour ago, Ehmc130 said:

I'm guessing he enabled it in AMD's control panel. 

Actually the blue link on bottom of pic "display adapter properties for display 1" was actually clickable lol... and it brought up a second window behind chrome so i didn't see it. once in there I clicked "Monitor" and then could change refresh rate.

I there, 

I purchased the dell s2419hgf  at the end of last year because of the 144hz refresh, I just bought a new GPU that should be able to handle it (RX590) and I cant get the display above 59hz.

I went into the OSD and turned on overclock mode but there is no option to change refresh rate in windows itself. I am using a display port cable but I dont know what version of cable it is could that be it?

any help would be great... have attached pic

rest of specs are crap as I am currently trying to piece a build together

i5 4570 stock

16GB DDR3 stock

HP OEM mobo

display.PNG.64b97cd13d1e3653c951ca96f2128e1e.PNG

27 minutes ago, TylerLovekeeper said:

I figured it out LOL     Dunno if I can delete this post :)   thanks if anyone stopped by to help

We can delete it if you like, or if you'd like to explain your solution and mark it, others might find it useful if they encounter the same problem

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 hour ago, Ehmc130 said:

Actually the blue link on bottom of pic "display adapter properties for display 1" was actually clickable lol... and it brought up a second window behind chrome so i didn't see it. once in there I clicked "Monitor" and then could change refresh rate.