Just got the new ViewSonic VX2758-2KP-MHD in today! AMA

Skipple

Seeing how it was just released, there are no reviews on it. Took a gamble and decided to order it. I was able to pick up this monitor for $285 shipped.

It just came in today and I am quite happy with it.

Quick and dirty review:

Link to ViewSonic store.

• 27", 144hz, 1440p, IPS
  • Build: The monitor is as bare-bones as you can get for the build. The stand is honestly quite bad. Doesn't move up or down or rotate. Only angles vertically. It is VESA mountable though so if that bothers you it can be easily solved.
  • Brightness: Nothing to write home about but at 350 nits it does look quite nice.
  • Colors: Good. A bit yellow right out of the box, but can be fixed with tweaking.
  • Input lag: This is where I said uh-oh. First time playing a FPS I had to stop. I played with the settings a bit and found "Response Time". Bumped that up to "Ultra-fast" and it was MUCH better. Not sure why anyone would keep it on anything else for gaming
  • Works with G-Sync. Yay!

Random gripes:

• Why would you ship this monitor with a HDMI and not DisplayPort cable. Why.
  • Pulled the monitor out of the box and the stand fell directly on my bare foot. I may have cried a bit.

UFO Test: 

Standard Response Time: 

Ultra Fast Response Time: 

Feel free to ask me any other questions about this monitor. I will keep updating this post as I go any discover other quirks.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.