Windows Keys

IDEK

First of all im not 100% sure if this post is allowed so if not then i understand if it gets deleted by an admin .

After finally replacing every part of my computer one by one and finishing my build, i released that my windows key is no longer valid :/, only just learning that this can happen when doing a full rebuild like this, i naively thought it would carry over on the hard drive somehow?? My post is to basically ask if anyone knows if i can reactivate it myself or if possible anyone has a spare key that i could use.

ty in advance

Edit:::: i shoulda mentioned i have another question: Alot of the keys ive found online (Free and for sale) say i need to connect to their network, what does this mean exactly? It sounds like im getting into somthing i dont want to but i dont really know

Normally calling MS should work. 

If not you can get a "recycled" key on eBay for a couple of bucks.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

3 minutes ago, IDEK said:

anyone has a spare key that i could use.

So close. Your post was fine right up until here.

Changing the motherboard will cause Windows to deactivate. Currently the most common advised way to prevent this during a motherboard swap is to connect your Windows product key to a Microsoft acc. When you login on the new motherboard it will activate again as normal.

19 minutes ago, IDEK said:

First of all im not 100% sure if this post is allowed so if not then i understand if it gets deleted by an admin .

After finally replacing every part of my computer one by one and finishing my build, i released that my windows key is no longer valid :/, only just learning that this can happen when doing a full rebuild like this, i naively thought it would carry over on the hard drive somehow?? My post is to basically ask if anyone knows if i can reactivate it myself or if possible anyone has a spare key that i could use.

ty in advance

Edit:::: i shoulda mentioned i have another question: Alot of the keys ive found online (Free and for sale) say i need to connect to their network, what does this mean exactly? It sounds like im getting into somthing i dont want to but i dont really know

I bought a windows 10 key for like £3 on ebay.

9 hours ago, IDEK said:

If you are required to connect to any server for activation, those keys are hard on piracy side, and this will be locked if you continue asking about such.

Grey market keys can be both fine and on piracy side. These would be everything under $50. No one can say for sure how seller has acquired the key. So we aren't policing people recommending them. Direct links to marketplace ads aren't allowed.

Personal opinion time. I don't use grey market sellers. I believe creator should receive full payment. But in the end your own moral guidelines are the determining factor.

Only thing to remember is that all grey market are OEMs. In this case it mainly means that you are responsible about if the key works or not, not Microsoft. So be sure to read how long support you get from marketplace, from seller etc. If the key stops working, those are the two to contact about it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv