Multi-monitor setup with multiple GPUs

Panthera_Tigris

Hello!

I have a 1080Ti and a 1070 and 3 monitors + VR. However, I only ever game on my main ulrawide monitor or VR and the 2 spare (60Hz) monitors are for browsers, music, monitoring apps only.

So should I just connect them all to my 1080TI or connect the spare monitors to my 1070? I have found conflicting information on the internet. Some say that the primary GPU will still render it anyway so no point and it actually slows things down.

I have yet another VR headset coming so i will run out of ports on the 1080Ti (I need both VR headsets as one is for sims and the old one will be used for sweaty games like beat saber). BUT performance is my number 1 priority. 

Lastly, sometimes if I run game in windowed mode on my main monitor, part of the window scooches over to me spare monitor. I wonder who renders that part then? Its quite confusing . Please help. 

unless you have SLI going the main GPU is doing all the work. Just having monitors sit on the desktop shouldnt impact performance either way. 

Just plug everything into one card if you can and save on power

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016