Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Puffing

would like feedback on a Build for a friend

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

here is the build... just want gerneral input the budget is 800 usd and the pc will be for general use and light gaming at 1080p

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is a pretty solid build, except the PSU is not great with a ton more wattage than needed. A Corsair CX550 will power any rig out there (with one GPU) and would cost you less.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind the BIOS update- if its not updated from factory then you will need a 3000 series chip to make the mobo work


 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shreyas1 said:

Keep in mind the BIOS update- if its not updated from factory then you will need a 3000 series chip to make the mobo work

the tomahawk has bios flashback.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

made a few changes:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: GeIL EVO SPEAR 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($263.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $800.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-07 22:39 EDT-0400


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

made a few changes:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: GeIL EVO SPEAR 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($263.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $800.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-07 22:39 EDT-0400

Agree on PSU change, a 450W will be more than suffice.

1660Ti may not be that appealing to some people, it's like getting a second hand 1070ti. I would get a rtx 2060 for a little more.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TensorVortex said:

Agree on PSU change, a 450W will be more than suffice.

1660Ti may not be that appealing to some people, it's like getting a second hand 1070ti. I would get a rtx 2060 for a little more.

 

also the thermal take smart is garbage pSU? i think it is very low on tier list and reviews are all quite bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, TensorVortex said:

I would not buy a RX580. It is 5 year old arch, and RX5500 is around the corner.

When will this gpu be coming out? My buddy wants the build within the next 2 weeks so if it will be releases within that time I could.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Puffing said:

When will this gpu be coming out? My buddy wants the build within the next 2 weeks so if it will be releases within that time I could.

 

AMD said it is "coming this quarter"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

made a few changes:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.79 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450M/AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: GeIL EVO SPEAR 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card  ($263.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cougar MX330-G ATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.00 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($53.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $800.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-10-07 22:39 EDT-0400

This build looks good but the Psu May not be enough if there is a cpu or gpu upgrade in the future. 1660 ti is probably fine I’ve just seen better performance with 580 so I picked that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TensorVortex said:

AMD said it is "coming this quarter"

oh my bad AMD said OEM version coming this quarter, retail version not sure yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
5 minutes ago, TensorVortex said:

oh my bad AMD said OEM version coming this quarter, retail version not sure yet

Yeah it kinda what’s is best for the price now, and down the line he may upgrade so that’s why I got a beefy psu

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Puffing said:

This build looks good but the Psu May not be enough if there is a cpu or gpu upgrade in the future. 1660 ti is probably fine I’ve just seen better performance with 580 so I picked that

The 1660ti is much faster than the 580.


CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700@3.8Ghz Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT RAM: Qidian DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: MSI X370 Gaming Plus case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Puffing said:

1660 ti is probably fine I’ve just seen better performance with 580 so I picked that

The RX 580 is a really good value card, but for the most performance within the budget it makes sense to shoot for the 1660 ti instead

 


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

The RX 580 is a really good value card, but for the most performance within the budget it makes sense to shoot for the 1660 ti instead

 

It’s just hart to fit in a 1660 ti

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
16 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

The 1660ti is much faster than the 580.

Is it worth double the price?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×