Had a pc problem for almost one year now. PLEASE HELP

hey everyone on the forum, i need some help finding a problem to my pc issue, i have made a forum post back in november last year but ended up with nothing, now that i have a little more info about what the problem is i wonder if anyone has the awnser.

i bought new parts for my pc back in november ( X470 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B78) (AM4) AMD Ryzen 7 and 32gb ram ) and changed them out with my old mother board and cpu ( dont remember what gen it was but it was an i7 and an asus mb to go with it ) after installing them and putting in my gpu ( gtx 1080ti ) every think seemed to work normaly like usual, after about half a day with the pc the issue that im still having poped up, every once in a while my screens will freeze and then go black for 2 - 30 sec and then come back on. that issue also crashes some games and programs when the screen come back.

i recently saw that when my screen comes back to normal that gpu 3d had spiked up to a 100% while the screen was black, so i read up on some forums that had the same problem and most of them told me that reinstalling windows usualy helps. i have reinstalled windows atleast 5 time by now and uninstalled my gpu driver about the same amount and nothing has changed. i have also tried one other gpu ( gtx 970 ) and the same problem was there.

if someone knows the awnser to my problems or have an idea of what it could be please leve a comment.

AMD Ryzen 7

X470 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7B78) 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Corsait 1200HI

Taskmgr_Ifmo8DuXJV.png

Edited by BlueCosmonaut

2 minutes ago, normpearii said:

Do you have another GPU to try?

yes sorry i should have added that, gonna do that right now, i had a gtx 970 around when i first tried the system and the same problem was there.

1 minute ago, BlueCosmonaut said:

yes sorry i should have added that, gonna do that right now, i had a 970 around when i first tried the system and the same problem was there.

Yeah, i've been having this same issue, I'm not sure if anything is pinging 100% or not but i recently upgraded from 2 x 980ti to a 2080ti and its happened with both setups.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

Have you tried using a different PCI-E slot?

Have either of you had any BSOD that have appeared more than once with the same reason?

1 minute ago, normpearii said:

Have either of you had any BSOD that have appeared more than once with the same reason?

i have tried using another PCI-E slot but the same problem was there, i have never seen a BSOD while having this problem, after the screen freeze i just get back to the screen i was on or the desktop if the program i used crashed because of the screen freeze.

1 minute ago, normpearii said:

I used to get a BSOD but that was because i was OCing my 8700k to 4.9ghz and it just wasn't having it. So since i've turned it down to 4.7Ghz i haven't had any BSODs.

As for other pci-e slots when i was running dual cards i didn't exactly have the option. But i haven't tried since I got the 2080ti but it happens so rarely that i forget about it.

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

2 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

This is the display driver crashing and recovering.

Try a different driver version.

i have not tried any other disply drivers, any ide where i find these driver that might work?

2 minutes ago, BlueCosmonaut said:

i have not tried any other disply drivers, any ide where i find these driver that might work?

Nvidias website.  Try an older version.

I assume you are using multiple monitors?

Just now, KarathKasun said:

On that note, this has been happening for roughly the past 6-7 driver updates. I'm thinking (at least on my end) that it may be something other than a driver issue. I don't know if they changed it but my computer used to tell me when the driver crashed and had to restart. It hasn't done that in over a year.

Just now, MrSimplicity said:

On that note, this has been happening for roughly the past 6-7 driver updates. I'm thinking (at least on my end) that it may be something other than a driver issue. I don't know if they changed it but my computer used to tell me when the driver crashed and had to restart. It hasn't done that in over a year.

yeah i recently swapped my MB and the 1080ti was working perfectly in my old setup, so there is a low chance that it is the drivers. :/

5 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

I assume you are using multiple monitors?

i can only find 1080ti driver from may 2019 to present and i have had this problem since november 2018, so i dont think its the drivers.

1 minute ago, BlueCosmonaut said:

i can only find 1080ti driver from may 2019 to present and i have had this problem since november 2018, so i dont think its the drivers.

It could also be a display disconnecting and reconnecting.  I have a monitor with a worn connector that causes this kind of problem if I move the DP cable while a game is running.  Some games crash when the monitor disconnects, others dont.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

It could also be a display disconnecting and reconnecting.  I have a monitor with a worn connector that causes this kind of problem if I move the DP cable while a game is running.  Some games crash when the monitor disconnects, others dont.

wish it was this, but i have checked them and its not that, also its the fact that my gpu 3d spikes to 100% and that i have 2 screens and they are both effected.

Just now, BlueCosmonaut said:

wish it was this, but i have checked them and its not that, also its the fact that my gpu 3d spikes to 100% and that i have 2 screens and they are both effected.

When one display disconnects the other goes blank on my NV and AMD rigs.  If the monitor is disconnecting and reconnecting a lot in a short span of time the screens will stay black or flicker untill it settles down.

Cheap cables can cause this issue without having to move them, its caused by interference.

4 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

When one display disconnects the other goes blank on my NV and AMD rigs.  If the monitor is disconnecting and reconnecting a lot in a short span of time the screens will stay black or flicker untill it settles down.

Cheap cables can cause this issue without having to move them, its caused by interference.

looks like you might be very right, i tested it by just unplugging and plugging in my display ports and the gpu 3d did indeed go up to 100% when i plugged it back in, but why would it freeze up to sometimes over a minute? could that be the cable too?

OK, so i just tried that and mine doesn't do that. My 3D just stays at 0. Also i've never had a game crash from it.

12 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

i have a short video of what usualy happands when my pc freezes for 1 min, the video was filmed the last 10-15 sec ish

i unfortunetly have to go get some sleep now, the clock here in norway is 2:22 a and i need to wake up at 6, when i come back from work i will read all the stuff here and awnser everyone. hope someone knows something if there is something im missing.

That may just be a program or something, i can't imagine what though, it may actually be a driver failing. Or you may have some type of virus I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

That may just be a program or something, i can't imagine what though, it may actually be a driver failing. Or you may have some type of virus I'm not sure.

but i have reinstalled windows and deleted the drivers several times, so i think it might be a hardware issue, but i cant find out what part it is that is failing, i have called the people that i bought the parts from and they told me they would replace the part thats not working i just need to send the right one.