Set 120hz on Q70R

DeadKOLD

I can't figure out how to set my Q70R in 120hz its connected with a hdmi 2.1 cable also im new to AMD video cards i have a RX 5700 XT... i set my resolution to 1440p but as you can see in the picture its still in 4k... HELLLLLLLLP! also if you can tell me some tips on other setting to get the best pictures possible would be appreciated!

Thank you!

2019-10-06 (2).png

so you set 1440p in amd control panel but windows is saying different?

ok right click desktop, at bottom click display settings....scroll down to display resolution and you should be able to click a drop down box and set it to 1440 there...them youll be able to set hz to 120
if it still dont work turn off hdr....windows 10 hdr and tvs are hit and miss

I have tryed all the above still stuck in 60hz even installed the newest driver one was released oct 7 still stuck in 60hz... ? in radeon settings i can't find a listing of available resolution i always change it in win10 display settings... i have tryed custom resolution doesn't work it says that my monitor doesn't support it i tryed 1440p 120hz i have no clue what to do next... my tv is set to pc mode i have tryed switching it to console mode doesn't work...

4 minutes ago, DeadKOLD said:

I have tryed all the above still stuck in 60hz even installed the newest driver one was released oct 7 still stuck in 60hz... ? in radeon settings i can't find a listing of available resolution i always change it in win10 display settings... i have tryed custom resolution doesn't work it says that my monitor doesn't support it i tryed 1440p 120hz i have no clue what to do next... my tv is set to pc mode i have tryed switching it to console mode doesn't work...

thats a samsung TV right? it doesnt support 1440p, only 1080p OR 4k

17 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

thats a samsung TV right? it doesnt support 1440p, only 1080p OR 4k

um not sure where you got that info but you are wrong.....8000 series and above support 1440p

Native Refresh Rate for the Q70R
 : FreeSync
Native Refresh Rate : 120 Hz (except 49")
4k VRR Maximum  : 60 Hz
1080p VRR Maximum  : 120 Hz
1440p VRR Maximum  : 120 Hz

9.6 Supported Resolutions 
1080p @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4  : Yes
1080p @ 120 Hz Yes (native support)
1440p @ 60 Hz  : Yes (native support)
1440p @ 120 Hz  : Yes (native support)
4k @ 60 Hz  : Yes
4k @ 60 Hz @ 4:4:4 Yes
4k @ 120 Hz  : No
8k @ 30 Hz or 24 Hz No
8k @ 60 Hz  : No

8 hours ago, DeadKOLD said:

hmmmm that is weird...hell why arnt you running 4k 60 and when gaming just set the game for 1440 and such...its what i do.

8 hours ago, Glenwing said:

You need to disable GPU scaling if you want to increase refresh rates by lowering resolution.

forgot all about that. i havent used gpu scaling in so long lol

• 2 months later...

Dude, I just figured it out.. By fluke..  I couldnt figure it out for the life of me but I got lucky like 5hrs in

So, set your resolution to 1440 and then when go into Advanced Settings and "Display adapter properties" .. When the new window pops up instead of going to the "Monitor" tab at the top, hit the "Display All Modes" button at the bottom...  Scroll through the list until you see 1440 in 120Hz and select it..  Once youve done that when you go to the "Monitor" tab now the 120Hz option will be available to you

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/12/2019 at 8:04 AM, ObiJon said:

Dude, I just figured it out.. By fluke..  I couldnt figure it out for the life of me but I got lucky like 5hrs in

So, set your resolution to 1440 and then when go into Advanced Settings and "Display adapter properties" .. When the new window pops up instead of going to the "Monitor" tab at the top, hit the "Display All Modes" button at the bottom...  Scroll through the list until you see 1440 in 120Hz and select it..  Once youve done that when you go to the "Monitor" tab now the 120Hz option will be available to you

DUDE! I was using my TV for 1 year and couldn't find this out, thought my gpu is the fault somehow...

I owe you one!

THANKS!