CPU fan connections

devdeep

Using be Quiet Pro 4 cooler with Asus X570-E board (see diagram)

Cooler has 2 fans and a "Y" connector to connect both to "A" on the diagram. Can I connect these 2 individually to A and C?

Also not sure what the M.2 fan header is for? Apologies - not sure how to insert smaller image.

Strix-E.jpg

Strix-E_2.jpg

Yes, you can connect the fans to different fan headers if you don't want to use the included splitter. Any of the fan headers displayed work fine. 

The M.2 fan header is just a fan header with different presets but is probably functionally the same or very similar as other headers if you're going to use your own settings. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The included splitter isn't a requirement. Using the motherboard header will give you a little more control over the fan as well as those splitters usually don't include PWM control for the 2nd fan.

17 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, you can connect the fans to different fan headers if you don't want to use the included splitter. Any of the fan headers displayed work fine. 

The M.2 fan header is just a fan header with different presets but is probably functionally the same or very similar as other headers if you're going to use your own settings. 

Thanks. As my fan is Air cooler, can I use headers A and B instead of A and C?

3 minutes ago, devdeep said:

Thanks. As my fan is Air cooler, can I use headers A and B instead of A and C?

Yes, you can use any of the fan headers. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.