Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Braden Terpstra

Computer Specs Script

Posted · Original PosterOP

How can I create a program/script that will automatically run when Windows boots and will show computer specs on the desktop? For example, a small windows with a semi-transparent background that has text on it that looks like this:

CPU: Core i5-4310m

RAM: 16GB

Disks: 500GB SSD

500 GB HDD

And any other specs like GPU and etc. Any way to create a script that will automatically find out the specs of a system and display them on the desktop. This would be used for laptops that are for sale so that customers could easily see what is inside of them. Thanks!

Windows has a program called DXDIAG which shows what hardware is installed in the computer. However at my shop we just have a paper that says the full specs of the PC on the tower. If you are looking to learn how to script such a program yourself this post would be better suited in the Programming sub forum.

Main Desktop: Cpu - I7-8700k @5ghz | Mobo - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E | Gpu - Asus ROG STRIX 2080ti OC Ram - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200mhz | Aio - H100i Pro RGB | Psu - Evga 850 GQ | Case - Fractal Design Meshify C White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 1x 1TB 1x 512GB / 1x Seagate Ironwolf Pro 4TB HDD |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10+ - Ceramic White 512GB |

If you ask for a Mid Tower case recommend, I will 90% of the time recommend the Fractal Design Meshify C or S2.

3 minutes ago, Braden Terpstra said:

How can I create a program/script that will automatically run when Windows boots and will show computer specs on the desktop? For example, a small windows with a semi-transparent background that has text on it that looks like this:

CPU: Core i5-4310m

RAM: 16GB

Disks: 500GB SSD

500 GB HDD

And any other specs like GPU and etc. Any way to create a script that will automatically find out the specs of a system and display them on the desktop. This would be used for laptops that are for sale so that customers could easily see what is inside of them. Thanks!

Run on boot I'll let you figure on your own.
You gotta run systeminfo in a cmd to get the info.

I legit don't see the point of this tho. most people don't care and others know how to find the info.

~New~  ThinkPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004