Computer Specs Script

Braden Terpstra

How can I create a program/script that will automatically run when Windows boots and will show computer specs on the desktop? For example, a small windows with a semi-transparent background that has text on it that looks like this:

CPU: Core i5-4310m

RAM: 16GB

Disks: 500GB SSD

500 GB HDD

And any other specs like GPU and etc. Any way to create a script that will automatically find out the specs of a system and display them on the desktop. This would be used for laptops that are for sale so that customers could easily see what is inside of them. Thanks!

Windows has a program called DXDIAG which shows what hardware is installed in the computer. However at my shop we just have a paper that says the full specs of the PC on the tower. If you are looking to learn how to script such a program yourself this post would be better suited in the Programming sub forum.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

3 minutes ago, Braden Terpstra said:

How can I create a program/script that will automatically run when Windows boots and will show computer specs on the desktop? For example, a small windows with a semi-transparent background that has text on it that looks like this:

CPU: Core i5-4310m

RAM: 16GB

Disks: 500GB SSD

500 GB HDD

And any other specs like GPU and etc. Any way to create a script that will automatically find out the specs of a system and display them on the desktop. This would be used for laptops that are for sale so that customers could easily see what is inside of them. Thanks!

Run on boot I'll let you figure on your own.
You gotta run systeminfo in a cmd to get the info.

I legit don't see the point of this tho. most people don't care and others know how to find the info.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

BGInfo. Normally it's deployed through group policy, but no reason you can't use it on a local machine and put it in the public startup folder.