Windows Installation Migration Question

GeT_drAWPed

I am running out of space on my 860 Evo 1TB and I want to get another 860 Evo 1TB. My current 860 is my OS drive and it has some other stuff on it, and I want the new 860 to be the OS drive and nothing else. Is there a way to migrate JUST the Windows installation to the new 860, and delete the Windows installation from the old 860, but keep all programs? Can I do this just by creating a System Image and installing the System Image to the new 860? Will the Windows Installation that is on the old 860 be deleted? Any help is much appreciated. I don't want to buy the new drive until I know what to do, but I really need more space for Visual Studio libraries for some of my college classes.

Id just add your new drive as a storage drive, and move non programs and os files to the new storage drive. No reason to keep programs and os on a seprate drive, and 1tb is huge if its really just a os drive.

If you just want a os on a new drive, just do a fresh install. Many programs need to be reinstalled cause registry

I would really advise doing a fresh install here. Thinking about how you could accomplish this everything I can think of says it would be harder/take longer than just starting from scratch. I think your end result would be some programs would still work and others would be broken.