Problem With Sound/head/soundcard

Tc662

Hey there :)

I bought a creative x-fi xtrememusic soundcard a few months ago and bought a sennheiser pc 360 headset just a few days ago.

Before the sennheiser 360 I had the g35 and here's my problem:

My G35 sounds the same, if not better then my sennheiser 360!

I'm wondering if this is just my head, or if there's a problem with my soundcard.

I did have a few problems with my soundcard, which makes me believe there might be a problem with it.

First of all, when putting in my headset it would sometimes give a really high beep continiously untill i plug them out again.

Sometimes the card won't boot and when my headset is plugged in it sometimes isn't recognized.

So now my question to you, is it my head? Or is it my soundcard? Maybe a faulty headset?

Thanks for any comments i'll get!

I believe your headset needs to undergo a Burn in period, this can last up to around 10 hours, this will help the cups become looser and therefore increase the performance of your headset. As for the beeping problems, sorry to say but i have know idea what causes that, i would think about doing a RMA if the problem doesn't get resolved soon, hope this helps. 

are you using the front headers to plug in the headphones or straight into the soundcard... ive had lots of problems like that when using front headers..

beeps are usualy something software/driver

I believe your headset needs to undergo a Burn in period, this can last up to around 10 hours, this will help the cups become looser and therefore increase the performance of your headset. As for the beeping problems, sorry to say but i have know idea what causes that, i would think about doing a RMA if the problem doesn't get resolved soon, hope this helps. 

The card is nearly 5 years old, doubt I can RMA that :)

are you using the front headers to plug in the headphones or straight into the soundcard... ive had lots of problems like that when using front headers..

beeps are usualy something software/driver

I'm plugging the headset directly into the sound card.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/headphone-amp-impedance.html

This might explain why you think your "cheaper" headset sounds better.  For reference the X-Fi has an output impedance of 10 Ohms, just like the Xonar Essence STX.  They all use the same Op-Amp.  Also remember that different headphones will be affected by the damping factor in different ways.

Once you read this, check out this article:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/asus-xonar-essence-one-muses-edition-or-why-actually-listening-gear-important

Look up the impedances of all the headphones used in this article. Notice a pattern?

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."